Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

what are your thoughts on name alliteration?

Hi berries, I'm back asking for yet more advice! 3 weeks till due date and still no definitive name for either sex!
    I'm currently mulling over Cora/Coral/Coralie- my preference is Coralie but our surname is Carter, I actually like the alliteration of Coralie Carter but my mil immediately dismissed it as being ridiculous! I don't really put much weight behind her opinion ( neither does my husband!) But I just wondered if anyone else agreed with her?!
    General opinion of the names also appreciated!
    Other children are Eloise, Jude and iris
    Thank you! Xx

I think Coralie Carter sounds fine. I'm loving your other children's names!!

Whichever variation Cora/Coral/Coralie you decide to use they are all lovely.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

I think alliteration can sound nice. my dd first and middle have alliteration and it works. I also think Coralie Carter sounds nice and Coralie is pretty.
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

I like alliteration but I have two rules: different number of syllables and not beginning AND ending with the same letter. My test is basically Peter Parker. To me, this is not a good flow and it ends up sounding like the comic book character he is. Coralie Carter, on the other hand, sounds lovely! (Even Cora Carter isn't as nice imo because they both have 2 syllables). I think Coralie fits nicely with Eloise, Jude and Iris too

I like alliteration and I think Coralie Carter sounds great! I definitely prefer Coralie to the shorter options of Cora or Coral. Cora Carter or Coral Carter is a little too run on for my taste, but Coralie sounds so sweet. I love your other children's names also!
    D.S. lil Bam Bam