Names Searched Right Now:

August and Rufus

A lot of the boys names we like have the US sound: August, Atticus, Fergus, Rufus
    Now I would never use Fergus, Atticus and Rufus together could you pair August with one of them, Rufus being our favorite, since they end on a different sound even though they share a prominent sound? Or since they share the prominent US sound you should only use one? My gut says they are too similar and we have other names we like more: Jasper and Simon. I'm just looking for some opinions?
    Sara Beth Cook wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    DH Currently Deployed will be TTC #3 Winter 2014

I think that August and Rufus can work together as the endings are different.
    I wouldn't pair August and Atticus together because of the similar A and t sounds.
    I wouldn't pair August and Fergus together because of the g in the middle.
    Jasper and Simon work well with all of these names.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

I think August and Rufus are cute together. I was actually kind of happy to see them together when I fist noticed your thread. I thought maybe you met siblings with these names. They are quite similar, but I think it actually works in this case.
    Ezra, Finn, Hamish, Nathan, Roland, Tobias
    Bonnie, Clementine, Greta, Hermione, Matilda, Wren