Names Searched Right Now:

August and Rufus

A lot of the boys names we like have the US sound: August, Atticus, Fergus, Rufus
    Now I would never use Fergus, Atticus and Rufus together could you pair August with one of them, Rufus being our favorite, since they end on a different sound even though they share a prominent sound? Or since they share the prominent US sound you should only use one? My gut says they are too similar and we have other names we like more: Jasper and Simon. I'm just looking for some opinions?
    Wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    TTC #3

I think that August and Rufus can work together as the endings are different.
    I wouldn't pair August and Atticus together because of the similar A and t sounds.
    I wouldn't pair August and Fergus together because of the g in the middle.
    Jasper and Simon work well with all of these names.

~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles
    Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe

Previously ebonyeden

avatar is my 8th great grandmother.

I think August and Rufus are cute together. I was actually kind of happy to see them together when I fist noticed your thread. I thought maybe you met siblings with these names. They are quite similar, but I think it actually works in this case.
    Matilda Hazel
    or
    Milo Everett