Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Zipporah by far. We have a Zipporah nn Zippy at the daycare. She's super cute, super fun, and everyone adores her. We call her Zippy pretty much exclusively.

Sephora's far too make-up-brand to choose over Zipporah.
    Laurel - 21 - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by gijanie View Post
    Agreed. Sephora is the make-up store and with Zipporah all I can think of are zippers - looks totally made up.
    Zipporah was actually the wife of Moses.

Also, I just wanted to add that I really like the names in your signature @beeba.

I prefer Zipporah.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Future girl: Grace Elizabeth
    Future boy: Peter, Thomas, or Isaac

I love biblical names, so I'm a fan of both forms of this name. I find Sephora more pleasing to the ear, though they are both lovely. I don't think of a makeup store as a negative connotation for a name. They name is associated with beauty products... not really a bad thing for a girl's name. If it was a boy's name that might be a negative. Or if the store was trashy, I could see the problem. So, I guess what I'm saying is... I'd love to meet a little Sephora!

I like Zipphorah much more, it's a stunning Biblical name and I think I would love meeting a little girl with that name, plus Zippy is a pretty neat nickname imo. Sephora while pleasant to the eye and ear has the make-up company ruining it as a name for a person.