Names Searched Right Now:

name I saw today

while at the checkout stand at the grocery store today I saw my checkers name was Ness. I began to wonder if it was his full name or if it was a nickname. maybe he was named for Eliot Ness. I usually find Ness feminine, but seeing it on a boy I kind of liked it. What do you think of Ness on a boy and what do you think it could be a nickname for?
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

Like the Loch Ness monster? His full name could be called Nestor, Ernest/Ernesto or even Tennessee.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Like the Loch Ness monster?
    I live near Loch Ness so the name feels a little silly. I think it would be cute as a middle name though.

Sorry for the necro-posting, but I just wanted to chime in here: I named my second son Ness; it isn't short for anything in our case. We got the name from the main character of the SNES video game Earthbound. I had originally considered it as a middle name for my first son, Miles, but decided that was too many names ending in "s" in a row.

Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think of the Loch Ness Monster straightaway, too (in addition to the girls' name Vanessa!). Nothing about it screams boy, I can't really imagine it on a guy of any age or kind, but it is intriguing!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George