name I saw today

while at the checkout stand at the grocery store today I saw my checkers name was Ness. I began to wonder if it was his full name or if it was a nickname. maybe he was named for Eliot Ness. I usually find Ness feminine, but seeing it on a boy I kind of liked it. What do you think of Ness on a boy and what do you think it could be a nickname for?
    ♥Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn♥

Favorites June 2016
    Elizabeth, Adelaide, Juniper, Amelia, Arabella, Beatrice, Clara, Charlotte, Cordelia, Hermione
    the rest of the girls

William, Jasper, Edgar, Gilbert, Morgan, Henry, Sebastian, Arthur, Monroe, Basil
    the rest of the boys

Lyra Primrose, Amelia Hyacinth, Emmeline Bronte/ Magnus Frey, Julian Mackenzie, Sebastian Lake
    the rest of my combos

Like the Loch Ness monster? His full name could be called Nestor, Ernest/Ernesto or even Tennessee.
    All the best,

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Like the Loch Ness monster?
    I live near Loch Ness so the name feels a little silly. I think it would be cute as a middle name though.

Sorry for the necro-posting, but I just wanted to chime in here: I named my second son Ness; it isn't short for anything in our case. We got the name from the main character of the SNES video game Earthbound. I had originally considered it as a middle name for my first son, Miles, but decided that was too many names ending in "s" in a row.

Cair Paravel :)
    Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think of the Loch Ness Monster straightaway, too (in addition to the girls' name Vanessa!). Nothing about it screams boy, I can't really imagine it on a guy of any age or kind, but it is intriguing!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about:

Isabelle AuroraReef Benjamin EliasViolet CaterinaBjorn Theophilus
    Seamus FelicianVerity AnoukAvery Ignatius JackAnnika Sophie "Ani"
    Lena MarigoldDarby DanielLiv RosinaChristian Otto

I've recently started a story--join me!