Names Searched Right Now:

Walter-Mania In One Brazilian Family

A Brazilian woman named Erotides Brandao has actually given the name Walter to all of her 15 children (irregardless of gender) as a tribute to their father, Walter. To simplify things, the couple decided to add traditional female and male names to the end of Walter. The first child, a daughter, was called Walterlucia and the other fourteen are called the following: Walterlivia, Walterlenia, Walterlonia, Walterlacia, Walterluzia, Walterluana, Walterangelina, Waltersilviana, Walteremanuel, Walterluis, Walteroliver, Waltermarcelo, Walterlicinio and Walterfernando.

I guess this is similar to boxer George Foreman naming all of his sons George. As a Nameberry, I have three thoughts:

1) If I had the privilege of naming fifteen children, I wouldn't waste the opportunity.
    2) Isn't giving Walter to one child enough of a tribute?
    3) Doesn't the mother deserve the same tribute?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Brazillians and their crazy names... I remember reading about a family where all the kids were named after French numerals (Un, Deux,.., up to Vingt-Trois).

As for (3), it probably has to do with Walter being seen by the mother as a "sophisticated" and "exotic" English name - while hers must have been a pain in the neck to grow up with! And the kids have the mother's last name too, so she's honored in that way.
    Bertrand -bertie-, Wilfred, Léon, Axel, Cuthbert -cubby-, Maxentius, Aubrey, Phoebus, John-Henry.
    Émilienne, Livia, Annabella -abbey-, Maud, Rosamund, Kimborough, Clemency, Elizabeth-Charlotte.

This is too funny to be a joke. (Sorry 15 kiddos).
    Reminds me of a friend where every women in her family for the past 5 generations has the same fn and they all go by their mn's. You'd think the original name bearer was a super-women but no, just an average women.
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).