Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Vivian Lila would be my choice.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Oh gosh... They are all great. I guess my top is Beatrix, I think the flow with Lila is slightly better than the other two. I have my ownnVivian though, and I've got to say its a great name for a little girl. We call her Vivi too. You can't go wrong, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by tfzolghadr View Post
    You sold me. I was an anthro major, and actually just gave a lecture on Margaret Meade earlier today... love that woman! Actually, I would've chosen Margaret anyhow. I love that, as you said, it's a long name with a "professional" and "casual" version. I think it's interesting that so many people are obsessed with whether or not their son's name will be viewed as professional enough, but many people are almost offended if you mention that for girls... Anyhow, I digress. I love Maisy as a nn, but I also like that Margaret has so many nickname possibilities that when she's older she'll be able to choose which one she likes...
    As a (future) anthropologist and an academic, I am probably obviously a feminist Having an easily recognizable and professional name is important for me for all my children, regardless of sex or gender. However, would it be so obvious that 2 anthropologists having a daughter named Margaret? LOL.
    Mom to three boys & Expecting #4 October 2014!!

I think Beatrix is the best. It fits with her well-named brothers! It also has the nickname Bea for a calmer child, or Trixie for someone energetic.
    ~Mehri

Quote Originally Posted by merrybells View Post
    I think Beatrix is the best. It fits with her well-named brothers! It also has the nickname Bea for a calmer child, or Trixie for someone energetic.
    Thanks! DH vetoed the nn Bea, because he knows someone with the name. But he likes Beatrix and Trixie
    Mom to three boys & Expecting #4 October 2014!!