Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
    Thanks for all your help with first names to go with Lila (lie-lah) for mn! Lila is my late grandmother's name and I really want to honor her! Here's our top three names for a sister of Sebastian, Oliver, and Elliott:

#1. Margaret Lila (nn Maisy or Daisy)
    #2. Vivian Lila (nn Vita or Vivi)
    #3. Beatrix Lila (nn Trixie)

ETA: Little girl would most likely be very blond, blue eyes and petite, if that helps with visualizing her and the fitting of the name. Our last name is hyphenated (my LN, DH's LN).
    Hmm...
    My favourite out of the three choices is Vivian Lila. Vivian is a gorgeous, and elegant choice. I prefer the spelling Vivienne though I think the French spelling is far classier, and prettier. Still Vivian is an attractive choice, she looks wholesome and has a very sweet rural feel. Vivian sounds very spunky with Lila as well. Vivian Lila is stunning combination and I ultimately adore it.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    I do love Margaret Lila nn Daisy. Does Elliott have a nn or do you call him by his full name? Sometimes I nitpick too much regarding similarities between sibling names but it doesn't bother other people. I can't help but see siblings as a whole cohesive group as that's the way my brain is wired. Do the similar endings bother you? Which first name is your fave?
    Elliott doesn't really have a nn, we call him Elliott. Sebastian often goes by Sebby, and Oliver goes by Ollie.

Right now I love both Beatrix and Margaret. Beatrix for the classic, normal, but spunkiness (esp with Trixie as a nn), plus it I think it fits the best alongside Sebastian, Oliver, and Elliott. And Margaret for it's meaning, very classicness, consistency in usage, and international recognition. DH and I are anthropology majors and love Margaret Mead, so that helps too!
    Mom to three boys & Expecting #4 October 2014!!

More thoughts..

DH's only hesitation with Beatrix is that he knows a Bea (Beatrice, friend of a friend), and doesn't like her all that much. But he admits that Beatrix, especially if we call her Trixie, which he adores, is growing on him. We both agree that Beatrix looks best next to Sebastian, Oliver, and Elliott, which all have a level of classic-spunk to them. Margaret sounds much blander with her brother's names. But we LOVE the nns Maisy or Daisy, but I wouldn't call her Margaret, ever.

Today's update:

Vivian is off the table. DH is really starting to adore Beatrix (aka Trixie). We both feel that it's probably the best option paired with Lila, and with our "classic but uncommon/unexpected" tastes.

Thanks for all your input! Choosing a name to go with Lila is so hard! There are many girl's names we really like, but most don't work with Lila.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
    .. Margaret- We are both anthropology majors and really like Margaret Mead..
    You sold me. I was an anthro major, and actually just gave a lecture on Margaret Meade earlier today... love that woman! Actually, I would've chosen Margaret anyhow. I love that, as you said, it's a long name with a "professional" and "casual" version. I think it's interesting that so many people are obsessed with whether or not their son's name will be viewed as professional enough, but many people are almost offended if you mention that for girls... Anyhow, I digress. I love Maisy as a nn, but I also like that Margaret has so many nickname possibilities that when she's older she'll be able to choose which one she likes...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina