Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Philip - Is Phil avoidable?

I really love Philip for a boy..Its regal, sophisticated, masculine, and not too common where I live.

Only problem is that I really hate the nickname Phil! What do you think of Philip, and do you think Phil is avoidable?

Also..Phillip or Philip?

Thanks in advance!

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Lucy, Ivy, Maya, Rosabel, Victoria, Alice, Molly, Juliet, Annabel, Sofia.
    Charlie, Arthur, William, Isaac, Noah, Finn, Vincent, Alexander, Zachary, Oscar.

I have known several Phillips and none of them ever went by Phil. but that doesn't mean it won't happen. I hated the nn Chris, but when my son was around 3 or 4 he decided he liked it so that is what he is called.
    I prefer the spelling Phillip
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

I know a Philip who goes by Phil, but I think it's avoidable. If anyone wants an alternate nickname, I think Pip or Flip is nice. And I like both spellings.
    contemplating combos:
    August David Dodge · August Henry Dodge · Barnaby Viggo Paul · Barnaby Atlas Paul
    Leona Vesper Lynn · Vivian Lillie Revere · Florence Patricia Mae · Zelda Katherine Rose

I was married to a Philip. He abhors Phil and no one ever called him that. He was named after his grandfather who also only went by Philip. I think you can definitely avoid it.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

Surprisingly, I don't know any Philips/Phils so I can't say for sure but I guess it's avoidable. Like you meet somebody in the market and he/she asks his name, you say: "He's Philip. Not Phil but Philip". And politely remind everybody who calls him Phil that her prefers(you prefer) to go by Philip.
    And I personally like this name spelled with double "l" though I think that's just me.
    Victoria

Each magician has his own power sign...
    * Hector & Leontine
    ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓ are under transformation into heroes and queens!