Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I think its usable, and pretty to boot. Plus it works with Atticus and Dexter.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

I don't see the appeal of Esmeralda, sorry. Also, I know what you mean about your not being Spanish. Of course we all use names that are not necessarily from our own roots, but this one seems so obviously ethnic (to my ears at least, and in an area without much Hispanic influence). It's different than using Juliette even if not French or Fiona if not Scottish. Esme is lovely but as it is it's own separate name, I find it odd to use Esmeralda with nn Esme. Esme itself seems a better fit with Atticus and Dexter, imo.

I adore Esmeralda! If not for the fact that my kids have fairly traditional names, this is definitely one I would use!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996