Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Popularity is a big issue for me. And the name Silas is number 98 in my state! Search beyond top 1000 names ssa on google and download the file and you can see past the top 100 for your state and beside it it will say how many were born in your state with the name. We are on the fence about our choice of miles because its about it the top 100 we also had Silas on our list but felt like it was rising at an alarming rate and dropped It

If you tell me what state you are from I could look up on my computer how many kids have the name for you

Quote Originally Posted by rockabella2009 View Post
    If you tell me what state you are from I could look up on my computer how many kids have the name for you
    I'm in North Carolina. I also live in a pretty hipster town with quite an urban vibe, so it might possibly be more popular here than the rest of the state. As an example, I know 2 families with daughters named Wylie. Outside of this city, that would be unheard of.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I see now it says you're from North Carolina. There were 105 babies named Silas in 2012 and 16 with the spelling Sylas

It is so hard to find a name you love that works with your last name, sibling's names, etc. that popularity doesn't mean as much to me anymore. While it is still a factor, it has moved way down the priority list. We are considering Cy for our unborn son and most people I mention it to immediately refer to the reality show Duck Dynasty. I have never seen it, but apparently Silas nn Si is the lead character. Depending on where you live this show may not be popular at all, but where I am in the Midwest it is very popular. I worry more about the association most will have with this character than the popularity rising. Good luck with your choice!