Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Isla and Eli?

Hybrid View

Isla and Eli?

Hi all!
    I have 4 weeks to go before baby girl arrives and my husband and I love the name Isla. Our sons name is Eli and a well meaning friend commented that we wouldn't choose Isla now because saying "Eli & Isla" together would sound funny. I would love to hear your honest opinions on how the names sound together or does it matter at all?! Baby brain is making me confused

Hubby's sitting here: he says it kinda works. I like both names and they suit each other in style. I'd just be worried about the tangle coming out of my mouth when calling one or the other in a pinch.

I think they are both lovely names, and like the PP said, suit each other style-wise. However, Eli and Isla sounds like a bit of a tongue-twister. I've said it several times now. Isla and Eli is somewhat easier for me to say. I don't know how much this matters. You'll probably say their names together quite a lot over the next few years, but honestly, that's probably fine. You can get used to saying them deliberately and soon it will sound totally natural.

(And I really love Isla!)
    Lucy & Hazel & Nora & Alice & Sophie
    Henry & Rowan & Milo & Oliver & Ezra

Both Eli & Isla are beautiful names. I don't think it sounds funny at all.
    Eudora - Dorothea - Violetta - Odelia - Augusta - Odette - Isolde - Ondine - Leopoldine - Amaryllis - Sixtine
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena -Enid - Rosalind - Marguerite - Honore
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Edmund - Ignatius - Benedict - Virgil - Raphael - Leopold - Clement - Caspar - Rainer - Romain
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Peregrine - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle - Quentin - Severin - Castiel - Cyril

it's almost like they are the reverse of each other. I personally would not use the names together.
    ♥Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn♥

Favorites May 2016
    Elizabeth, Adelaide, Clara, Juniper, Jane, Amelia, Arabella, Imogen, Beatrice, Charlotte
    the rest of the girls

William, Morgan, Jasper, Gilbert, Sebastian, Henry, Arthur, Horatio, Aloysius, Edgar
    the rest of the boys

Lyra Primrose, Amelia Hyacinth, Imogen Viola,/ Magnus Frey, Julian Mackenzie, Sebastian Lake
    the rest of my combos