Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Isla and Eli?

Isla and Eli?

Hi all!
    I have 4 weeks to go before baby girl arrives and my husband and I love the name Isla. Our sons name is Eli and a well meaning friend commented that we wouldn't choose Isla now because saying "Eli & Isla" together would sound funny. I would love to hear your honest opinions on how the names sound together or does it matter at all?! Baby brain is making me confused

Hubby's sitting here: he says it kinda works. I like both names and they suit each other in style. I'd just be worried about the tangle coming out of my mouth when calling one or the other in a pinch.

I think they are both lovely names, and like the PP said, suit each other style-wise. However, Eli and Isla sounds like a bit of a tongue-twister. I've said it several times now. Isla and Eli is somewhat easier for me to say. I don't know how much this matters. You'll probably say their names together quite a lot over the next few years, but honestly, that's probably fine. You can get used to saying them deliberately and soon it will sound totally natural.

(And I really love Isla!)
    Lucy & Hazel & Nora & Alice & Sophie
    Henry & Rowan & Milo & Oliver & Ezra

Both Eli & Isla are beautiful names. I don't think it sounds funny at all.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

it's almost like they are the reverse of each other. I personally would not use the names together.
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos