Names Searched Right Now:

Hybrid View

One sibling's mn sounding similar to a second sibling's fn?

I've found out that I'm expecting my second child, and when DH and I talked about names I found out that he actually really likes the name Rory for a boy, as do I. We call our daughter Bea most of the time, and I think Rory and Bea sounds adorable. But my only problem was that Rory sounds very similar to Bea's middle name, which is Rowan. Do you think there's a problem with this, or is it fine?
    ♥ DD ~ Beatrice Rowan 17.05.2010 ♥
    ♥ ??? ~ 27.01.2014♥

* Amelie ~ Elizabeth ~ Sophie ~ Rose ~ London ~ Adeline ~ Mireille ~ Eve ~ Ruby ~ Violet ~ Isabelle *

* Bennett ~ Gavin ~ James ~ Charles ~ Grey ~ Matthew ~ Luke ~ Rory ~ Lysander *

I think its fine. It would be his first name and her middle name. It would be more of an issue if your children were always called Rory and Rowan.

I don't think it is an issue either. I love both names- Rory and Rowan and I think Rory and Bea sound great together! Congratulations!

No problem IMO! Now if Rowan were her first name I'd think about it more (plus you'd have confusion as to who was the boy and girl).