Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Quirky names needed to flesh out my list

I don't really know what my naming style is...and I know most other 'Berries consider it a sin, but I tend to pick names based on sound and feel and the image of the kid it creates in my head, rather than choosing it based on a meaning or something.

I tend to dislike girl names that end in lyn/dyn/syn/tyn, ie/y, ana, lee/leigh/ley. People keep suggesting Beatrice and it's growing on me, but it isn't quite my style, although I do adore the nickname Bea. I'm not really into word-names either.

The name I most love right now is Artemis. It isn't the meaning or the Greek goddess theme, it's mostly just the fact that I can picture a spunky little girl with wild curls who enjoys reading and wins the science fair and is quirky and nerdy but not bullied or horribly awkward. Essentially, if I can picture the name on my dream child it works for me (and yes, I realize that the odds of my kid turning out like that, but it's my name selecting process).

I like the names Rose and Eliza, and I can see them fitting the dream child, but they lack that offbeat quirkiness of Artemis.

If anyone has suggestions that fit along those lines, I'd love to hear them!
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.