Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: What do you think of these?!

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sloane Ellen

3 3.37%
  • Lillian Ellen

12 13.48%
  • Olive Ellen

24 26.97%
  • Vera Ellen

30 33.71%
  • Ryli Ellen

2 2.25%
  • Nyla Ellen

5 5.62%
  • Naomi Ellen

53 59.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I'm considering Ellen for a middle too- because it's a family name. It's not the easiest name to work around, but I agree with previous posters that when you are using a name that means something to you and your family, flow is a secondary consideration.
    Some of my combos are
    Clothilde Ellen
    Juno Ellen
    Minerva Ellen
    Susannah Ellen
    Apolline Ellen
    Matilda Ellen
    Marigold Ellen
    Magnolia Ellen
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

Meaning is far more important than flow. That said, Naomi Ellen is meaningful, pretty, and flows nicely. I voted for Naomi.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

We used Susan for a middle for our second daughter, to honor my mom. It doesn't flow well with most names, but we agree that meaning is more important than flow. And yes, the only time the first/middle combo is used is typically when kiddo is in trouble with mom or dad. So it really isn't that important.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

Though to qualify my last statement, we do call our middle child Madelyn Esther a lot, simply because it sounds so gorgeous. The other two, we barely ever use their middle names in conversation.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I wouldn't worry about flow if Ellen is that important. My middle name rhymes with my last name, but I love middle name bc it's a family name. I agree with what all the last posters said about this, and how hardly anyone knows your middle name. I think Naomi and Olive are both really pretty and sound the best with Ellen.
    Naomi Ellen - it's got enough syllables to work.
    Olive Ellen - Olive is so unique and uncommon, that Ellen balances it out really well.
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.