Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Don't let popularity change your mind! If the name fits the character, keep it!
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

I've never met an Aurelia, which is part of why I love the name. I hope it's just popular on Nameberry and not elsewhere.

Wait, are you kidding? Aurelia isn't in the Top 1000, and while it might squeak onto the list this year, I don't think it will bound up the charts. Right now it is the near opposite of popular- rare. Popular on Nameberry doesn't equal popular in real life.

The only way I could see Aurelia making an Isabella or Penelope like jump from obscurity would be if a bearer of the name became suddenly famous, more than one prominent celebrity used it for a daughter, or a pop culture character with the name became mega-popular. None of these things can be predicted. All are unlikely. You should use the name if you love it, and if it does become popular down the line due to unforeseen circumstances, at least you were ahead of the curve.

If you like the name but want a less popular version, you could try Orelia. Sounds the same, different spelling.