Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Is Aurelia too popular?

I've recently noticed that Aurelia is rising in popularity. Is it becoming too popular? I won't use a name that people think is unique, and I think that's what people feel this is. I need something uncharted, but not if everyone loves it.

Do you think it's to popular? Any suggestions?
    Just a lonely teenager creating a life through characters. Budding author and future failure. I despise the idiots. The nameless berry.

Chandler-Fallon-Adelaide-Antoinette-Avalon

Alastair-Quillon-Ephraim-Luther-Atticus

I don't think that you should back down from using a cool name even if it is becoming more popular by the second. I mean, I wouldn't use Katniss or anything like that, but I think Aurelia, despite becoming more popular, is still not that well known, and is a very beautiful name. Just because a whole lot of people like it doesn't mean you shouldn't use it. It's still very unusual, and I think the popularity of the name shouldn't effect your use of it if you think it is a fitting name for your character.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

I know that, but it's awfully close to Amelia, and that's a girl I know. I'd rather not name her anything close to that... Oh, what am I to do??!
    Just a lonely teenager creating a life through characters. Budding author and future failure. I despise the idiots. The nameless berry.

Chandler-Fallon-Adelaide-Antoinette-Avalon

Alastair-Quillon-Ephraim-Luther-Atticus

Aurelia is very different from Amelia, but some other A- alternatives are:

Audrey/ Aubrey
    Arabella
    Amber
    Abree
    Adriana/ Adrienne
    Amarissa
    Amaryllis

I hope that helped!
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

I've never met an Aurelia, baby or adult, in person or online, so I don't think it's too popular. Here in the deep south (GA), Avery and Ava are the popular "A" names.

Amaryllis is cool though.