Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: baby name books

thanks! I ordered a few of these

quick question regarding the Llewellyn, it looks amazing and historical so I ordered it sight unseen. It's not religious in basis though is it?
    Planning for baby... TTC... Big name lover and will ask a lot of questions about names!

The Llewellyn book has some Biblical/religious names in it but it's more for those people named in the title itself...for Pagans, Witches, Wiccans, Druids, Heathens, Mages, Shamans & Independent Thinkers of All Sorts Who Are Curious About Names from Every Place and Every Time. I found it very anti-Christian myself but I bought it anyway because I love names and it looked interesting. It's chalk full of nature and mythological names.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I think I fit in the independent thinker category - being of Jewish background, I'm not religious but feel a bit lost if it's full of any particular religious references...
    Planning for baby... TTC... Big name lover and will ask a lot of questions about names!

Quote Originally Posted by sablonde View Post
    I think I fit in the independent thinker category
    Me too!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Confession on my part.
    I don't own any that my mom didn't buy to name me. (And they are pretty bad). Instead I'm an internet junky, and we have a couple of etymology books, and things like mythology dictionaries which I quite like using.
    Though I've been considering buying the Baby Name Wizard and Llewellyn.
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).