Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: baby name books

Hybrid View

baby name books

hi Berries, what are your favorite name books? curious to know what is in your collection.
    Planning for baby... TTC... Big name lover and will ask a lot of questions about names!

Llewellyn's Complete Book of Names: For Pagans, Witches, Wiccans, Druids, Heathens, Mages, Shamans & Independent Thinkers of All Sorts Who Are Curious About Names from Every Place and Every Time by K.M. Shard.

And something big and old with an angel on the front. Not sure where it is or what it's called. It's ancient.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I just received the third edition of "The Baby Name Wizard" by Laura Wattenberg. I love different styles of names so this book is my naming Bible. After giving a brief synopsis of the individual names that includes sister and brother names, she goes on to group them in lists like "Antique Charm", "Brisk and Breezy", "Guys and Dolls", "Lacy and Lissome", "Mythological" etc...

I have over a hundred baby name books (I began my name obsession very early in life and before the Internet). I also have the book mentioned by Ottilie above which is quite good too.

Nameberry founders Pam and Linda have a great one too called "The Baby Name Bible".
    Last edited by mischa; May 16th, 2013 at 05:42 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I can't find it anymore, but I used to have this Astrological baby names book which I found very amusing and rather cool.
    Baby Sequoia Orion due October 2014!
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon

Best Baby Names for Jewish Children and The New Jewish Baby Book: A Guide for Today's Families are two that I picked up in a used bookstore. Otherwise I just use online databases.
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz