Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I have very poor knowledge of saints, goddesses and literary figures so using everyone else's knowledge and the lists they have come up with here are some favourite combos:

Cora Adelaide and Vesper Irene

Ariadne Flora
    Beatrix Thea
    Edith Helena
    Pheobe Diana

Oriana, Thea, Hera, Tove and Flora seem to similar to Cora to use in the first spot.

I really like Hera (middle) and Tovia for as well

Out of your names I like:

Ariadne - I absolutely love Ariadne, so underused

Athena/Thea - I like both, I like Thea more though

Aurelia- So vintage and cute and classy.

Josephine- So classy
    Felicity - Just love it!
    Willa- One of favorites at the moment. I love it.

Thisbe- So cute and underused

And they sound well with your other names Cora and Vesper (which are awesome by the way).

I love that you have such a connection with the name Hero, but I think its a little bold for a first name, mn is probably better.

Good luck!
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    Zoe, Veronica, Selene, Thalia, Magdalena, Adeline, Alice, Cleo, Isadora/Isidora, & Phoebe

Dimitri, Gregory, Augustus, Jude, Tobias, Jason, Leo, Orion, Samuel, & Charles

Crushing On: Nicoletta, Louisa, Ariadne & Benjamin, Nico, Peregrine

Have a fabulous day!

Thanks for your awesome list, lizzyq. Thank you for taking the time!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post

Helen: In Greek mythology Helen was the daughter of Zeus and Leda, whose kidnapping by Paris was the cause of the Trojan War. The name was also borne by the 4th-century Saint Helena, mother of the Roman emperor Constantine, who supposedly found the True Cross during a trip to Jerusalem.
    The name was originally used among early Christians in honour of the saint, as opposed to the classical character.A famous bearer was Helen Keller (1880-1968), an American author and lecturer who was both blind and deaf.

Regina: Late Latin name meaning "queen". It was in use as a Christian name from early times, and was borne by a 2nd-century saint. In England it was used during the Middle Ages in honour of the Virgin Mary, and it was later revived in the 19th century. A city in Canada bears this name, in honour of Queen Victoria. Patron Saint: Shepherdesses

Beatrix: Beatrix was a 4th-century saint who was strangled to death during the persecutions of Diocletian. In England it became rare after the Middle Ages, but it was revived in the 19th century. A famous bearer was the British author and illustrator Beatrix Potter (1866-1943), the creator of Peter Rabbit.
    Helen, Regina and Beatrix are my favorites. I prefer Elin to Helen, but Bea and Reggie are such cute nicknames!
    Mama to Belle & Pip
    Wife, mother, farmer, friend and doula.

New ideas:
    Bettine/Britta (anyone know much about these names?)
    Imogen (Papa Owlett's grandmother Jean just passed away)
    Marit (We have Merritt on our boy's list, but this is much more redolent of Mary, and once removed from word-name status)
    Ione (nn Io? I like the sound and it meets our mythology criteria)

Boys names are killing me because there's nothing I really like. Girls names are killing me because there's nothing I want to cross off the list! Gah!
    Last edited by owlett; May 27th, 2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: typo
    Mama to Belle & Pip
    Wife, mother, farmer, friend and doula.