Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Accidental nicknames...

I wasn't quit sure what to name this post. But here's what I mean. Have any of children ever recieved a nickname by accident? Either because another sibling couldn't pronounce the new babies name properly, or they just decided they liked a certain nickname better? My 3 yr old can't pronounce his new sisters name, which is Delilah. Instead he calls her "eye yeah". Now it seems a couple people on my hubbies side have taken to calling her that as well. Not sure what I think of that yet. Anyways maybe some of you berries out there have a cute nickname for a child, niece/nephew, friend out there that was accidental! Hope this hasnt been done already, if it has sorry.

Yeah, my brother (who's younger than me) couldn't pronounce my name properly - he said something like "Janana" (don't know how to explain how it's read in English, though). I did liked it (and used it!) for some years, but now I find it ridiculous. Thank god nobody uses it anymore!

Oh yeah. My friends have a ton of nicknames that have nothing to do with their actual names. Morgs' are the best.

Angharad: Morganna, Mo-eggs, Moggs, Moose, Moose Chops, Moose Pie, Hurricane, Angry-had, Angus and... due to an unfortunate MSN typo... Anus.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

My sister's boyfriend, Patrick, goes exclusively by Packy thanks to his older sister. It wasn't until he was 22 that anyone in his family realized it was an offensive slur in some parts of the world.

Janana is cute, but I can see how as you got older it's to childish.

Renrose, if spell check changed a friends name to Anus i could definitly see all my friends calling that person Anus from then on lol

Kalebsmom - I choked on my coffee because I was trying to hold back a laugh at the NM packy. That is a very offensive slur where I live lol.