Names Searched Right Now:

Walter-Mania In One Brazilian Family

A Brazilian woman named Erotides Brandao has actually given the name Walter to all of her 15 children (irregardless of gender) as a tribute to their father, Walter. To simplify things, the couple decided to add traditional female and male names to the end of Walter. The first child, a daughter, was called Walterlucia and the other fourteen are called the following: Walterlivia, Walterlenia, Walterlonia, Walterlacia, Walterluzia, Walterluana, Walterangelina, Waltersilviana, Walteremanuel, Walterluis, Walteroliver, Waltermarcelo, Walterlicinio and Walterfernando.

I guess this is similar to boxer George Foreman naming all of his sons George. As a Nameberry, I have three thoughts:

1) If I had the privilege of naming fifteen children, I wouldn't waste the opportunity.
    2) Isn't giving Walter to one child enough of a tribute?
    3) Doesn't the mother deserve the same tribute?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Brazillians and their crazy names... I remember reading about a family where all the kids were named after French numerals (Un, Deux,.., up to Vingt-Trois).

As for (3), it probably has to do with Walter being seen by the mother as a "sophisticated" and "exotic" English name - while hers must have been a pain in the neck to grow up with! And the kids have the mother's last name too, so she's honored in that way.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

This is too funny to be a joke. (Sorry 15 kiddos).
    Reminds me of a friend where every women in her family for the past 5 generations has the same fn and they all go by their mn's. You'd think the original name bearer was a super-women but no, just an average women.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)