Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name do you prefer?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Felicity

26 45.61%
  • Elizabeth

31 54.39%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I only like Elizabeth with a z. The s ruins it for me.

Felicity has only one spelling, which is a plus. And it's familiar without being Top Ten popular, which is nice. Elizabeth is evergreen and impeccably classic and has a huge range of nicknames.

Tough call but I'll go with Felicity. I think the "familiar but not popular" is a good balance to Genevieve (I love Genevieve btw) which otherwise might be hanging out on its lonesome a little bit, compared to Alexander and Madelyn and Elizabeth.

Elizabeth because its a classic and there are a ton of nick name possibilities. Plus personally I liked felicity before until I noticed how many words sound like it. Facility, faculty, fertility, electricity, eccentricity.

If you search felicity and parents connect together there is part of the site where it says considering this name? And under that people have reasons why they were bullied about their names. I checked all mine on there to see how bad the kid got made fun of.

I like Eliza as a nick name and prefer the spelling Elizabeth.

Quote Originally Posted by stripedsocks View Post
    I'll go with Felicity. I think the "familiar but not popular" is a good balance to Genevieve (I love Genevieve btw) which otherwise might be hanging out on its lonesome a little bit, compared to Alexander and Madelyn and Elizabeth.
    I agree! I voted for Felicity again, it just fits so nicely. I also feel that this name fits perfectly with our girls names yet we don't plan on using it. We just don't love it for some reason. If you feel the same way it doesn't matter how perfect it is with your other children's names. It really sounds like you love Elisabeth.
    Sara Beth Cook wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    Sylvie | Rosalie | Cecily | Eleanor | Rufus | Jasper | Graham

Felicity is very cute! I like it with the nn Lissie.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Quote Originally Posted by stripedsocks View Post

Tough call but I'll go with Felicity. I think the "familiar but not popular" is a good balance to Genevieve (I love Genevieve btw) which otherwise might be hanging out on its lonesome a little bit, compared to Alexander and Madelyn and Elizabeth.
    This is such a good point. Thanks for mentioning it.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (11), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996