Names Searched Right Now:
Page 67 of 92 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
    @velvetcrush: haha, I thought the same thing when I read mrstoon's post - I've been in maternity bottoms since week 9 or 10!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Well, the extra 20# I've put on so far has all been in my ass and thighs, so the pants are def tighter, but the ones that are low-waisted will still button under my belly. I bought one pair of maternity pants and they don't stay up without the bellyband. Everyone says I am looking very small for almost 30 weeks, but the baby measured in the 56th percentile at my 21 week ultrasound, soooo... I dunno! I want to buy some high-waisted dresses though. Today I am in stretchy corduroy leggings which button fine, under my belly. Fortunately, the stretch means I can fit my ass into them still. Some pants are just not going over my hips anymore, nevermind buttoning them.

I have finally started thinking about the Baby Shower. What do you guys think of having it on December 8th? That's the first Sunday after the Thanksgiving weekend, but it is still far enough from Christmas that folks shouldn't have too many plans...
    Married since June 2007, expecting our first child on Christmas Day, 2013

Darcy ~ Rowena ~ Hazel ~ Lorena ~ Leona ~

Eames ~ Miro ~ Bradbury ~ Duval ~ Marshall ~

@kkrvf - I had pregnancy induced galbladder problems with my first pregnancy and had surgery to get it removed shortly postpartum. I was only 21 and couldn't believe that I had such an "old lady" disease! Those attacks are really painful and really help to motivate a healthy lifestyle. Hopefully you can get through your pregnancy without another attack.

@CV- I know this is pathetic, but I don't even have a Facebook Account! I know, I know, even my Grandparents have one! I keep thinking that one day I will get one, but I'm afraid that I will waste even more time on the computer.

@mrstoon - I am having way more back trouble than I ever have during pregnancy. Every time I sweep the floor I end up crashing on the couch in pain. I have so much anxiety building up because I don't know how I will ever get ready for the baby. Also, I can't even think about wearing regular pants. I started wearing maternity pants at around 10 weeks and since about 28 weeks I have even ditched my cute maternity skinny jeans for my husband's sweat pants. I have to wear them under my belly, but they are just sooooo much more comfortable to wear and it is getting really cold here. We had snow this morning! Its really starting to feel like autumn, our babies will be here soon. December 8th sounds perfect unless you're little guy/gal decides to come 3 weeks early. Not something I'd have to worry about, but it happens. What are your plans for the shower? Is someone throwing it for you?

@anniemarie - being pregnant is WAY more justifiable than a cold to take a sick day. You only have a couple of weeks left till maternity leave right?

As for me, I had my 32 week visit yesterday. I weigh the same as I did at 30 weeks and so I am at a total weight gain of 12-13 lbs. In my other pregnancies I gained around 30-35 lbs total, but I was skinnier to begin with. I'd love to finish things at the same weight as my other pregnancies, but I really haven't reigned in my appetite, so maybe I'll balloon up at the end . I've been craving vietnamese food and its been so cold, so I think for date night we are going to go get some Pho. Mmmmmm.
    Mom to Henry, Mollie, Gideon, and expecting Clark Ebenezer in November.

@mrstoon - 8th sounds good, hard fitting in another event at this time of year i bet, but i agree that the 8th would slot in nicely You're lucky to still be wearing real pants! haha i haven't worn anything with a button waist in MONTHS.

@skarbassoona - thank you! I did feel guilty for it, even more so when I went back to work the next day and found out that due to a restructure of my department i'm being promoted haha. I've only got 2 weeks to go (will be 38 weeks when i finish up) and start my new role when I go back to work after maternity leave.

I had my 36 week midwife visit a couple of days ago and all my bloods came back normal, as did my urine & strep b swabs so that's a huge relief! means no additional planning or precautions need to be taken when i go into labour so it's a relief for sure. As for weight gain, i'm now 36 weeks and 2 days and i'm up about 11 kg (about 24lbs). Being plus-sized to begin with its a little more than i would've liked, but my midwife isn't concerned so i'm good according to her. My blood pressure is still 100% within normal range as well, so my midwife has labelled me 'refreshingly boring' haha.

Also - have you guys heard of/taken previously etc Raspberry Leaf tea? I've been told about it and have started drinking it 3 times a day... No idea if it's for real, but some people swear by it. It's supposed to be fantastic for the uterus in preparation for labour, and recovery. I figure it can't hurt to give it a go!
    Last edited by anniemarie; September 28th, 2013 at 05:08 AM.
    Mummy of One:

Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

A friend of mine who is due 5 days before me is in labour... i'm really excited for her, but so insanely jealous as well!!! I want it to be me! lol.

UPDATE: She had a little boy, 6lbs 8, named Zachary Barry
    Last edited by anniemarie; September 30th, 2013 at 03:19 AM.
    Mummy of One:

Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013