Names Searched Right Now:
Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
    Btw, the nurse that took care of me (and who was very sweet, luckily) said that I'm supposed to be drinking 2 GALLONS of water a day at this point. WHAT??? Have any of you been told that? Why even bother to leave the bathroom at that point? Sounds crazy to me but I'll do it if I have to.
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

@cvdutch: yikes, that must have been absolutely horrible! I'm so pleased that it appears to be a false alarm, though. I'm trying to drink lots of fluids, but am making many, many trips to the loo each day and so I hear you on trying not to overdo it.

Ok feeling slightly more confident that maybe this shower won't be a total disaster now... We've made plans to sit down this weekend and hash out food etc so i'm pleased about that. RSVPs are starting to come in and we're up to about 10 women including me, so at least people are coming which is always reassuring!

We're not having a shower for the gifts (though i'm never going to turn down presents!), it's just about having a fun, laid back, silly day with some amazing ladies to celebrate my lil dude's impending arrival. Partners are welcome and we're going to have some beers for the boys (and ladies if they want them!), kids are welcome, so it's a very chilled out atmosphere and hopefully some laughs... at least that's what i have in mind, i think the hostesses may have something slightly more formal in mind, but i'll talk them out of it
    Mummy of One:

Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

So my shower was wonderful! My friend who threw it went way above and beyond what I expected, including games and prizes and all this great stuff. Almost made me cry - not that that's tough to do these days but you know what i mean! And Baby Girl is pretty darn set to go! We still need a few things like the baby carrier, monitors, and a diaper genie (or two) but her wardrobe and all the biggest things are taken care of. Such a nice feeling to have the weight of needing all that stuff lightened - and to feel so loved by so many friends and family!

Aside from that, I thought I'd share a laugh by sharing an example of how my mommy-to-be brain is in full effect these days. I swear, I am doing the most air-headed stuff I have ever done in my life. My husband is thoroughly entertained (and slightly worried, I think)! But anyway, this is what happened:
    I spent a good 20 full minutes running back and forth from our bedroom to our office as I scanned pages of the sociology textbook I teach with for my students, literally wearing myself out of breath because the scanner is all the way down the hall from the computer. Until my sweet, patient hubby kindly reminded me that the computer is a laptop and why don't I just move it to right in front of the scanner..?

*facepalm*

Hope everyone is feeling good!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Yay so glad your shower went well! I'm actually getting excited about mine now. The 3 of us (me, my Mum & my BFF) sat down together and hashed out food and stuff so i'm feeling a bit more relaxed about it all now.

That's the funniest thing ever Christine! haha nice of him to only speak up once you'd already been running back and forth for 20 minutes tho - men!

I think i've officially started nesting (i'll be 34 weeks on thursday!). My mum told me she had a dream that this lil dude came early and got on my case Sunday morning about washing all his things etc and i think it's set me off! So far i've washed everything, including sheets, have organised his drawers, made up the cot and the bassinet & started packing my hospital bag. The best part in my husbands opinion though is that i've also developed this need to BAKE! So far in the last week i've made lemon muffins, orange madiera cake, choc chip cookies, lolly cake, chocolate cake, banana cake and i could keep going but i've run out of tupperware. haha.

Anyone else started nesting yet?
    Mummy of One:

Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013