Names Searched Right Now:
Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
    Had a horrible reminder this morning of our precious our little bumps are.... A lady on another board i'm on sadly just lost her little girl at 39 weeks. She hadn't felt her move in a bit so went in and sadly there was no heartbeat. Definitely a wake up call. I don't know about you guys, but i'm always reluctant to get hold of my midwife for anything because i don't want to seem nurotic or because id be embarrrassed to make a big deal about nothing, but this has really made me realise that theres no such thing as being too cautious when it comes to our little ones. NEVER be afraid to get in touch with a health professional for any reason, if you don't the consequences could be horrendous....
    Mummy of One:

Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

I think Dominic Jameson is so adorable! But personally I like Dominic James better. Its short and sweet. I think Dominic Jameson is to long, but that's just my opinion. Congrats!

That is absolutely my worst nightmare anniemarie - and the kind of story I'm trying to stay away from myself. Hubby and I call it the "pregnancy bubble" and I think it's fairly critical for the mental health of pregnant women. Worry is bad for mom and bad for baby and there is just way too much out there to worry about. As god-awful as it is, chances are that even if she had gotten to her midwife/OB, things may still have gone wrong. When something that horrible happens, you have to believe it's for a reason - otherwise why get up in the morning. And I'm not religious in the least, just trying to maintain my sanity. Odds are all of us are going to have healthy, beautiful babies and it's in all of our best interest to focus on that as much as possible. :-)
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Cvdutch/anniemarie - I have ordered downloadable audio files from: http://www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk/. I can't really comment on my success in getting to grips with this yet, as I haven't had time to revisit the audio files since "The Last Samurai-gate". Let me know how you get on! I’m sure people must think that telling a pregnant woman how big she is is a compliment on the obvious robustness and health of the baby. I guess it’s the only time in a woman’s life when being big is a good thing. I took some pregnancy photos on the weekend, and it was the first time in my life that I actually tried to stick out my tummy.

Mjc7709 – I do feel guilty complaining about my maternity leave. I know that the UK is exceptional in the amount of maternity leave women are given (up to a year). It’s more just that I’m struggling with feelings of guilt for starting a new job while pregnant, and my boss is kind of milking that and doing things to make the situation harder for me. I’m sure part of it is that I just want to glory in my impending arrival, rather than working 12 hour days. But such is life.

Teddybear – it sounds like you’ve had a rough road. I’m so sorry to hear about Joseph. I’m not sure how far along you are, but my sister had an emergency C-section with her son at 29 weeks and 6 days, and while it was a terrifying experience and he was in NICU for months, he is now a perfectly healthy three year old. We are all hear to listen if you want the support.

I am also trying to stay in the “pregnancy bubble” and avoid bad news. I can’t even bear to hear reports of Syria, thinking about all the children who are being killed. One of my friends had a still birth last summer, and so I am very aware of how you can lose everything in an instant. I suppose life is all about coming to terms with death? Anyway, of course I’m hoping for happy and healthy births for all you mommas.

Teddybear, I'm very sorry for your loss.
    So you're 30-something weeks now? How bad is the previa? Must be marginal, or they'd be offering you a caesarean. I am totally all in favor of VBACs, but I'm quite surprised that your doctor would suggest one with a placenta previa, since VBACs carry some increased risk of uterine rupture. Hey, if they think it's safe, go for it! It would be great if you could have the baby vaginally. They say that caesareans, and especially repeat caesareans, can increase your chances of placenta previa (because the scar tissue can cause your placenta to settle in out of place) so the fewer c-sections, the better, when it comes to the ease of future births. Also, I know that induction is something that's done routinely with partial previas, but I don't quite understand the rationale. They don't want the baby to go post-term, ok, that makes sense... But pitocin induction carries a higher risk of postpartum hemorrhage (already an issue with the previa and the VBAC.) If I were you I'd want more information, just to feel really well-informed about why they recommended induction. I have heard that cytotec (misoprostol) inductions can be especially risky when it comes to hemorrhage. It's a drug that's not commonly used in most of the US, but it might be worth asking what drugs your doctor typically uses for inductions. I don't mean to add complication to your already stressful situation. I just think that being informed about the risks and benefits of procedures might put your mind at ease and help you feel more confident in your decisions and your caregivers.
    I've heard that nettle tea can help safeguard against hemorrhage and can restore ones strength after a lot of bleeding because of its high vitamin K and iron content. Who knows, but it might be worth looking into.