Names Searched Right Now:
Page 56 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
    I am excited to say that I have really started working on getting the nursery ready this week already, even with 15 weeks still to go - because I know I'm only going to feel more tired and more sore and more lousy the longer I wait! So I figure it's best to do it now while I'm still pretty mobile and feeling pretty good overall. Plus it's fun! Trying to decide if I want to paint one wall. Got the curtains up and all the junk cleaned out today and we have the crib just waiting to be put together next time hubby is home. Loving it!

My shower is the 7th so about a week and a half away. Although I did register, the shower's going to be very small so I'm not expecting much in the way of gifts. But registering really helped me and the husband in terms of organizing our thoughts on what we need and want - and in case any of you in the U.S. don't know this, definitely register with Babies R'Us if you have one nearby! They have a great deal - anything that you register for but don't get as a gift, you can come by the store after your shower and buy it for yourself with 20% off (they call it 'cleaning out your registry' i think). Plus they allow you to also add on any coupons you may have and they give out 20% off coupons ALL the time (seriously, I have 3 sitting just waiting to be used right now). So after our shower, we'll get at least 40% off everything that's left over! We were sure to register for as much as we could, including the big expensive things that we know no one else will buy for us, just for this deal. Love a bargain!

Would love to hear how everyone else is coming along too if you're still out there mama's and mama's-to-be? :-)
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Hi all, lovely to read the updates. Things have been up and down on my end, but are currently trending towards up. I had my 27 week midwife appointment on Tuesday, and I'm measuring 28cm, which I have been assured is within normal range. I was relieved, as I've had many, many helpful "are you sure there aren't twins in there?" and "you're going to be the size of a house by the time you deliver" comments. I am definitely looking VERY pregnant, and while I thought I would love it, I am more trying to love it. I have my glucose test next week, so it will be nice to rule out gestational diabetes as a contributing factor to my Mrs Potato Head physique.

There has been a bit of stress at work re: my pregnancy, with my boss refusing to let me order my company car until I get back from mat leave as “you might decide not to return” (hello, discrimination?), and with him trying to get me to commit to coming back from mat leave early (“If you want my view, nine months would be ok, while 12 months would be bad”). I’m trying to focus on the positives, and not let it get me down.

We are in the middle of baby room renovation hell/heaven (depending on whether you like that sort of thing), and are staying at my in-laws while the painting is being done. My husband proclaimed the other day “We should move in here permanently. Life is so much easier!” We then proceeded to argue for the remainder of the evening, as I was trying to listen to a hypnobirthing CD while he watched a war movie on TV in the tiny spare bedroom (not compatible activities). He proceeded to stomp out of the room when I complained about the noise. I was like “Do you think I want to spend my time listening to a *expletive* hypnobirthing CD!? Or do you think that I’m simply attempting to prepare for the most horrifically painful experience of my life? It’s a bit more important than you watching The Last Samurai for the 895th time!!!!!” On a happier note, the room is starting to look lovely and I think we are pretty much there with furniture, equipment, clothes, snot suckers, etc. (mainly bought on EBay, so we’ve done well).

Anyway, while work and personal life are both manic, I’m trying to maintain a sense of humour about the whole thing.

Hey velvet! Glad things are mostly going well! Just wanted to chime in again because I just got a lovely comment from my next-door neighbor. I was taking my dog for a walk and it was really hot so I was wearing a fitted tank top instead of my usual big, baggy t-shirt. He looked at me and his eyes went wide and said, "Wow, you must be due any day now!" Uhmmm.... no, actually, I still have 3.5 months to go jerk-face. But THANKS for that.

Later that same night, I was carrying my dog up the stairs to bed when I stopped halfway up and joked to my mom, "Wow, she's gotten fat! I can barely carry her up now!" My mom's response? "Well, so have you!"

UGH. WHY are people so dumb???? Needless to say, there were tears. Quite a few of them. I'm hoping to go a little while before getting the next insult hurled my way (though I know people really don't mean it hurtfully, it always sucks to hear). I feel as big as a house and I still have quite a ways to go!

Also, where did you get the hypnobirthing CD? I just got a book about it off of Amazon (used for about $6), the Mongan method. Is that what you're listening to? I think it's really interesting and I'm hoping I can follow it once we get to that time...
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

I feel your pain - today my boss commented, 'God - your stomachs even bigger than it was last week, you must be starting to worry about how huge you're going to be by the end...' REALLY?! Thanks so much for your insight you a**hole. grrrrrr. Why is it that before you're pregnant it's considered hugely impolite to comment about someone's size, but the second you're pregnant and showing opinions on your size become public property?! I realise i look like a whale and i still have 8 weeks to go, i don't need the reminder thanks.

I feel better getting that off my chest - thanks ladies!

How are you guys finding the hypnobirthing? I haven't done anything like that bout would love a drug free birth so wondering if i should look into it.
    Mummy of One:

Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

14 hours of sleep sounds like a fairy tale! I get MAYBE 6 and I'm exhausted. Birdie Mae is just not a sleeper, but we did just start transitioning her to a toddler bed and she seems to sleep better than in our bed and with no screamfest that occurs anytime she get close to the crib! Our nursery is in the sitting room of our bedroom and we did rearrange it so now there is a crib and a toddler bed in there. Our house is pretty crowded.

At this point, even my feet are fat and I can't believe I still have 3+ months. But I at least have the comic relief of my toddler who pats lots of people on the belly and says, "tummy baby." Makes me feel MUCH better!

@velvet - I totally get it with work. I broke down and told them 2 months ago and there is still no plan in place, no one training, nothing for when I go out. Do you really get 9 to 12 months off????? Last time I ended up with 6 weeks. This time I'm taking 12 no matter what kind of mess I come back to.

Hope everyone's showers are fun - I've been to a few great ones lately. I'm not having one this time. Feels like we just did Birdie's.

I'm also interested in the hypnobirthing - I've never looked into that and have been through 4 natural (drug free) births, but the last 2 required pitocin and this last one did not go smoothly for me or Birdie. I'm pretty much terrified of labor right now! My husband had never seen a vaginal birth because all of my step kids were c-section babies, so he was traumatized too!

I'm loving the names Clark Ebenezer and Archer. So glad you found names you love. I'm currently trying to fall in love with Estelle and am on the hunt for a middle.
    Luckiest woman in the world!

Mom to Logan Hunter, Savanna Nichole, Avonlea Noel and Arden "Birdie" Mae

Step-mom to Austin Ray, Haley Caroline, Kelsey Suzanne

and expecting someone else December 19!