Names Searched Right Now:
Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
    Today sucks!!!! I feel fat, my skin is HORRIBLE (all red & blotchy & blek), my hair looks frizzy and lifeless, my hips/pelvis area hurts when i stand and i just feel pretty miserable. I got pretty much no sleep last night either which of course won't be helping...

8 weeks to go...
    Mummy of One:
    -- Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

Dom's future brother/s: Boden, Broderick, Ciaran, Declan, Elijah, Finnian, Grayson, Harrison, Jenson, Nathaniel, Quentin
    Dom's future sister/s: Aveline, Aven, Calla, Eleanor, Helena, Iris, Noelle, Rosalie, Sadie, Wren

Ugh, sorry anniemarie! That's awesome that you only have 8 weeks left though, I'm so jealous. We've still got 15 more!

I actually had a great day today because we had Baby Girl's echo done at the perinatal doc's office and her heart is perfect. The rest of her was exactly as should be. I had been really worrying about this scan so it's a huge relief to know things look good. And plus it's always nice to hear her heart beat and see her moving around on the US pic. Next check in will be in 6 more weeks.

I'm with you, anniemarie, on the feeling fat and gross thing though. I got my first, "Wow, you must be due any day!" comment today, from a very stupid neighbor. Uhmm...no, actually I still have 3 more months to go. But THANKS for making me feel like a heifer! People are dumb. I'm trying hard to just let it go but it is really weird to be so out of control over your own body. And although my skin is pretty significantly better than it was earlier on in this pregnancy (when Holy Jesus it was awful), it's still not pre-pregnancy good. I am SO tired of zits!

Anyhow, hope everyone else is doing well. Anyone have a shower coming up? Registering was so much harder than I expected! But it does feel good to start getting that kind of stuff done though, at least now we have some idea of what we need. Hoping to also register for a class this week and get that going. It all gets just a wee bit overwhelming sometimes!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Feeling MUCH better today, amazing what about 14 hours sleep (interrupted by frequent trips to the bathroom of course) can achieve. Yesterday got so miserable I actually ended up leaving work an hour and a half early - i just couldn't take it anymore.

@cvdutch - i'm so glad that your scan went well that's so exciting!!!

I've got my shower coming up in 2 weeks time (Sept 14th) which im looking forward too I haven't registered anywhere but registering for gifts isn't common in NZ at all, not even for weddings, so i'd be abnormal if I had... Can't wait to see what I get though because then i'll be able to sort through everything properly and figure out what i still need. I bought an old antique rocking chair the other day which is my next project, needs to be sanded back and revarnished, so looking forward to that.

Dominic's room is a total mess though and with only 8 weeks to go (which is so far and so close all at the same time), i really want to start getting organised or i'm going to run out of time!!! Might have to write a to-do list for this weekend I think....

How about the rest of you lovely ladies? How's your prep coming along?
    Mummy of One:

Dom's future brother/s: Boden, Broderick, Ciaran, Declan, Elijah, Finnian, Grayson, Harrison, Jenson, Nathaniel, Quentin
    Dom's future sister/s: Aveline, Aven, Calla, Eleanor, Helena, Iris, Noelle, Rosalie, Sadie, Wren

@annemarie - Im glad you are feeling better. 8 weeks? maybe sooner if you go early. I have 12 more weeks till my due date, but I actually figure I have 13-14 considering I always have gone into labor a little late.

I won't be having a shower, I barely had one for my first. Not that I need anything, and I do get things once the baby is born and people come to visit, but I think that its fun for people to celebrate each new baby.

I've been completely overwhelmed. I have a ton of cleaning to do before the baby comes and I can't even keep up with the day to day mess. Every time I get up to work I get so tired and I have to sit down and rest my head on my hands. I finally got so fed up and frustrated today that I called my husband at work and pled with him to help me more if he possibly could. He was quite sweet and has been helping me ever since he has been home. I feel like even though the house is picked up, everything is sticky and smelly. I just want everything to smell like bleach! My SIL was over the other day and asked me if I was nesting. That might be part of if, but I feel like I spend most of my time cleaning and "nesting" anyways so its not really a phase for me, just a way of life. I guess I just need 14 hours of straight sleep because the 10 hours that I get pretty much every night is not cutting it :P. I know, I'm spoiled but I still cant help but complain.

Its been 2 weeks since my glucose test so I guess that no news is good news. I think they also test for iron deficiency so I guess I'll find out for sure in 2 weeks. I have appointments every 2 weeks from here on out. Or I guess till they switch to weekly.

Good news is that I think we have settled on a name. Clark Ebenezer! We also had Oscar Damien, but we both like Clark Ebenezer better so unless we change our minds once the baby is here its settled. Clark is an important and meaningful family surname belonging to my side. We chose Ebenezer because of its' biblical relevance and in reference t "come thou fount of every blessing", a favorite hymn of mine. It means "stone of help" and will be a constant reminder of God's mercy and blessings. I know that Ebenezer is not everyone's cup of tea but we are quite comfortable with it in the middle spot. I actually like the idea of viewing Mr. Scrooge as a symbol of reform.

As an added bonus, we love the way Clark Ebenezer flows, especially with our last name.
    Mom to Henry, Mollie, Gideon, and expecting Clark Ebenezer in November.

@skarbassona - Congrats on choosing a name!!! Clark Ebenezer is delightfully unexpected and very handsome imo!!! I too think the tale of Mr Scrooge is actually a pretty awesome namesake

Glad to hear your hubby has been so helpful, and i definitely recommend that 14 hours sleep, honestly today i felt like a new woman so if you can find a way to make it happen - DO IT!
    Mummy of One: