Names Searched Right Now:
Page 25 of 92 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast
    @rosebyanyothername: ooooh, I'm so jealous your anatomy scan is tomorrow! Mine is July 16th and it feels like it's taking an ETERNITY to get here. We already know the sex of the baby so that's nice but I really want the reassurance of knowing the anatomy scan looks good and things are definitely on track like they should be. I know i'm going to be super nervous that day, I can't wait for it to be done. Good luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking healthy, happy baby thoughts for you! Are you going to find out what you're having?
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Hello all! Just found this thread and read all of your entries. It is nice to think of having compatriots on this journey. I am due with my first on November 30th. I was terribly ill in the beginning and was busy finishing up my master's degree. Now I have hit a sweet spot. The nausea is gone and I don't feel very pregnant AND I am done with school. I can tell that my uterus is protruding, but I have actually lost weight (I had a high BMI to start with and my midwives would like to see me have a negative-0lb weight gain!) I am just not as hungry as I used to be. I keep on thinking I might be feeling the baby move, but am never 100% sure!

The baby is a boy. I had a CVS done at 11 weeks with microarray and he looks normal as far as his chromosomes go. It took us a long time to get here. We had been trying for almost two years and been using fertility drugs for the last six months. I have PCOS. I really wanted a girl, because I was worried (and continue to be so) that a boy represented an increased autism risk. There are so many stupid theories out there but I feel that I have a lot of risk factors that I have seen in peer-reviewed journal articles (increased testosterone, increased DHEA, autoimmune issues including constant high C-reactive protein and lupus anticoagulant, gluten and dairy sensitivity, increased cortisol response from my PTSD, use of fertility drugs, increased BMI, insulin resistance, rh negative, etc.) But he's a boy, and that's who he is supposed to be apparently! I just keep on trying to remember that there is a far greater chance that he will be fine than the other way around. Somedays I feel fine, but somedays I worry. I am also just a born worrier and list maker. I don't know why autism scares me so much - I just fear that if it were to happen, it would be because of my dumb ole' body which is less than perfect. I have heard that pregnant women often have a nice sense of calm about the baby's well-being kick in at some point...did this ever happen to you? I am just so excited that we even made it to this point! We wanted a baby for a long time and were starting to worry it just might not be in the cards for us.

Right now I am sitting at home with a terrible sinus infection and cold. I am used to just throwing tons of cold medication at the problem, but this being pregnant and riding it out with tea and tylenol does not really suit me! I am quite bored! There's only so much TV I can watch!

Oh, and names! That's been hard too! I had my girl name completely sorted. She was going to be Anthea Russell, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. But for this little guy, we have yet to find his perfect moniker. We are currently between Amias, Baxter, Clyde, Cashel, Hartley, and Zeller. I feel like he is probably going to be Zeller as I sometimes refer to him as Zeller the Feller or Zelly Belly, but most times he is just Mr. Baby. I don't know... still searching for the name that sounds perfect! I think my top picks would have been Calvin or Foster, but DH's last name doesn't sound right with either!

I am having fun dreaming up his nursery and amassing a frightening stash of cute and tiny thrifted baby clothes! I hope you all are well!
    Favorite Girls' Names: Anthea, Harriet, Vera, Fairfax
    Favorite Boys' Names: Hartley, Clyde, Amias, Ambrose

Quote Originally Posted by rosebyanyothername View Post
    Oh, so excited for everyone! Second trimester is loads better than the first but I still occasionally spend my mornings over the sink puking. Like I did yesterday...anyone know why it goes away and then comes back? 18.5 wks and my anatomy scan is tomorrow! So excited!

Blade does your placenta just have to move before labor or is it a certain number of weeks? Any chance of bed rest?
    Hi Rose, I think it's full-term (37 weeks). If it's still too near the cervical os, you're treated like a previa and not permitted to go into labor, so a section is scheduled. So I have 20 more weeks, fingers crossed.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

@marsy I had a progressive continuum of calm, that really started at 24 weeks (viability). But of course I've seen these horrible micro-preemies born as 24-6 weeks with lifelong disabilities and complications so once I hit 28 weeks, where survival is excellent and neurological/ophthalmological/pulmonary complications decline, I felt better. Then 36 weeks was the real sweet spot.

Personally I'm scared to death of autism, too. I think some people really are cut out to parent a special-needs child, and I have deep doubts about myself being one of them. I think I could handle a medically complex child but not a cognitively/behaviorally delayed child well. I think it's in the back of anyone's mind who's having a son, personally.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Thank you so much for your feedback blade! I feel the same way about medical challenges vs. cognitive delays. But I'm trying to be as healthy as possible and have taken prenatals prior to conception and am generally eating well! Somethings are in our control and most things are out of our control...
    Favorite Girls' Names: Anthea, Harriet, Vera, Fairfax
    Favorite Boys' Names: Hartley, Clyde, Amias, Ambrose