Names Searched Right Now:
Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast
    @Velvetcrush, I just asked my doctor about headaches today. Mine have been really bad for about the last 3 weeks. If I have one when I go to sleep, it is still there when I wake up. I confessed to drinking a regular Coke as quickly as possible on occassion. The caffeine takes the edge of the headache, and my doctor agreed that this works and did not discourage me from doing so, as long as it was only once or twice a day at the most. Also, he strongly suggested I go see my chiropractor for an adjustment of my neck, since it's likely the headaches are caused by stress and tension held in the neck. I have been getting theraputic massage once a week, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference in the headaches. Good luck, and if you find some magic trick, please share it!

@Velvetcrush, I just asked my doctor about headaches today. Mine have been really bad for about the last 3 weeks. If I have one when I go to sleep, it is still there when I wake up. I confessed to drinking a regular Coke as quickly as possible on occassion. The caffeine takes the edge of the headache, and my doctor agreed that this works and did not discourage me from doing so, as long as it was only once or twice a day at the most. Also, he strongly suggested I go see my chiropractor for an adjustment of my neck, since it's likely the headaches are caused by stress and tension held in the neck. I have been getting theraputic massage once a week, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference in the headaches. Good luck, and if you find some magic trick, please share it!

I am also really struggling with frequent and severe headaches. Tylenol is like spitting on a fire. I nearly always end up vomiting and nauseous because of them. Sometimes sleep helps but not always, sometimes I wake up feeling worse than I did. Yoga sometimes seems to help a little. I usually take 2 Tylenol and 2 Benadryl as soon as I can and pray I fall asleep quickly. The worst is when I am home all day with Ramona and I can barely function. I get really cranky and I feel bad that I can't take her out to do anything fun.
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one-never had these with R.
    Chiropractor is a good idea- I used to go all the time when i was preggers with R, really helped in my third trimester with aches and pains and helped me sleep better. I am not working this summer (I contract with a school system) and I hate spending the money when we are temporarily living on one income. But I have noticed that many (not all) of my headaches seem to radiate from the bast of my head at my neck.
    Last edited by rosebyanyothername; June 18th, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
    Mama to little Ramona Mae 3/2011 and Sylvie Joy born 11/2013

@kkrvf I know this must be so nerve-wracking. I am happy that at least you don't have to worry about miscarriage anymore and prayers for good results!
    Mama to little Ramona Mae 3/2011 and Sylvie Joy born 11/2013

@misslindseylou, @rosebyanyothername - thanks for chipping in. Coke/caffeine sometimes helps and sometimes aggrivates my headaches, so it's a gamble for me. A chiropractor is a good idea, but it's hard to find the time as I work and money is also an issue for us (as I started my job while pregnant, no maternity pay for me so we're saving like Scrooge). While I've always had headaches, I've never had anything like these pregnancy headaches. Mine also start in my neck/back of my head, and feel like excruciating brain freeze when you drink something too cold. My homeopath just prescribed me a remedy based on Amniotic Fluid as I keep having dreams that I'm drowning or trapped in something in water, so that should be interesting (yes I know this is crazy and at best a placebo effect, but it's better than pumping myself full of drugs that I'm not allowed to take, anyway).