Names Searched Right Now:
Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
    I got a prescription prenatal with enteric iron, docusate bundled in, and a separate DHA/fish oil capsule (as this supposedly promotes fetal brain development). We shall see.

Magnesium would be great! Unfortunately OTC prenatal vitamins do not contain magnesium as it is a tocolytic (labor-stopping drug).
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)

@blade - it wasn't a Rx supplement it was an OTC supplement. All of the major vitamin brands have them. My dr. recommended it b/c it was a tocolytic and b/c of the neuro protective effects. I was carrying twins so she thought it might help me carry them longer/protect them in the event of an early preterm delivery. Anyway hope your prescription works for you!
    Andie - Mama to John, Thomas, Isla, Freya and Marigold (12/30/14).

Oh sure. I was saying all standard prenatals don't have mag, so it would be a separate supplement.
    Blade, MD

Hmm, I have been taking a spray-on magnesium supp for several months. It has helped me sleep all night, and may be why I haven't had any morning sickness. Is it only dangerous later in pregnancy, closer to delivery time? Or should I just stop using it now? Thanks for any insight, Blade!

Had my 12 week appt. Hubs couldn't come, but it was on my dad's birthday so he came along, and got to hear the heartbeat! The doc said "since the baby is s small, we might have to search around for a bit before we locate the heartbeat," but as soon as she touched the doppler to my tummy, we could all hear WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH! Grandpa was delighted, this is his first grandchild. I was laughingly telling him about "gender reveal parties," thinking he'd find it amusing, but I was surprised at how enthusiastic he was about the idea! I was thinking about waiting till delivery to find out the sex, but now I think grandpa has his heart set on this party, so...we'll see

Glad things are going well for you other mamas! I know our deliveries are going to be here before we know it, but right now it feels like a very long way off...
    Married since June 2007, expecting our first child on Christmas Day, 2013

Darcy ~ Rowena ~ Hazel ~ Lorena ~ Leona ~

Eames ~ Miro ~ Bradbury ~ Duval ~ Marshall ~

@mrstoon I would ask your OB. It's probably harmless in early pregnancy but frankly your magnesium sleep aid might well be a placebo anyway. Low magnesium is theoretically linked to poor sleep in people with major depression, and poor sleep in people with diseases that lead to abnormally low magnesium (very rare), but in normal people there isn't any benefit.
    Blade, MD