Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Babies Due October-December 2013

Since the "Pregnant 2012-2013" thread has a 2-yr span and has become unmanageably huge, I thought those of us rounding out the year might peel off and form our own thread.

I'll start-- I'm 11 weeks now, and feel marvelous. This is the best point of pregnancy I think; you don't feel sick nor do you suffer from the mass effect of a giant uterus (i.e. you can still bend over and sit in a chair like a normal adult) nor any of the pesky late-term physiologic changes like constant breathlessness or swelling.

Very surprisingly, I'm starting to show. I know you show earlier with the second than with the first since your abdominal wall is already lax, but this seems a bit early? I am especially bummed because I had special-ordered a pair of jeans from my favorite designer months ago and they arrived this morning. They look incredible-- I've been strutting around in them all day, I love them so much-- but I've got what, 2-3 weeks to wear them? Then it's Bella Band time.

Edit: OK, here's everyone who's joined the thread thus far:

Sarahmezz: Hey guys, since Blade has been away for a while, I figured I'd update this post since I'm boring and have nothing better to do on my Sunday afternoon!

mommakyra - It's a boy! Vale Michael was born on October 8!
    foreverelectra - It's a girl! Phoebe Valentine was born on October 21!
    nicodesi - It's a girl! Gwendolen Betty was born on October 21!
    whirlybird - It's a boy! Hayes Dominic was born on October 27!
    kkrvf - It's a boy! Konrad Rupert Leopold was born on October 28!
    anniemarie - It's a boy! Dominic Jameson was born on November 3!
    jazz1509 - It's a girl! Madeleine Pearl was born on November 8!
    velvetcrush - It's a girl! Antonia Eloise Gray was born on November 9!
    rosebyanyothername - It's a girl! Sylvia Joy was born on November 15!
    skarbassoona - It's a boy! Clark Ebenezer was born on November 18!
    joyfulmomto8 - It's a girl! Caroline Augusta Jane was born on November 19!
    littlemissmariss - It's a boy! Archer Cohen Bear was born on November 19!
    katemcnamelover - It's a girl! Loretta Daisy was born on November 21!
    ty13 - It's a girl! Margot Alice was born on November 21!
    cvdutch - It's a girl! Amelia Joelle was born on November 28!
    marsy33 - It's a boy! Zeller Baird was born on November 28!
    blade - It's a girl! Cassia Viviane Noor was born on November 30!
    amandaberry - It's a girl! Maria Julietta Grace was born on December 3!
    emcat - It's a girl! Mabel Juniper was born on December 3!
    lilymay27 - It's a girl! Francine Rosa Leah was born on December 3!
    misslindseylou - It's a boy and a girl! Sadie Kate and Samuel Robert were born on December 4!
    mrstoon - It's a boy! Benjamin Dale was born on December 14!

The following births are yet to be announced...

stellam357 - October 22
    teddybear03 - November 3 - It's a girl!
    celly - November 4 - It's a boy!
    mk0202 - November 18 - It's a girl!
    mcolson0901 - November 19 - It's a girl!
    kylermom - November 29 - It's a boy!
    klgglasgow - December 10
    mjc7709 - December 19 - It's a girl!
    violetindigo - December 23
    jamieandjoel - It's a boy!
    taabbiithaa (twins!) - It's a boy and a girl!
    uselesskitty
    Last edited by sarahmezz; January 27th, 2014 at 01:35 AM.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Thanks for starting this thread, Blade!

I'm due Christmas Eve. No morning sickness whatsoever (thank goodness!) My breasts are tender as heck, and I'm sleepy all the time. Taking my prenatals and calcium dutifully. Blade, does the Bella Band adapt your regular jeans to a pregnant tummy, or are they totally different jeans? Someone commented on my little "baby pooch" but I think it is just because I had just eaten a big piece of banana bread. I am usually pretty strict about not eating grains, but thought, what the hell. Now I am bloated and uncomfortable..that's what I get for going off the primal program, I guess! I can't believe I'd be showing, otherwise, I'm only eight weeks in. I am very slender though, so I might start showing sooner? I don't know, this is my first time at the rodeo, so it's all new to me.

Any other Paleo/Primal mamas out there?
    Married since June 2007, expecting our first child on Christmas Day, 2013

Darcy ~ Rowena ~ Hazel ~ Lorena ~ Leona ~

Eames ~ Miro ~ Bradbury ~ Duval ~ Marshall ~

I'm a Primal mama here, just fyi. I've "cheated" a few times...and think I'm done with that. lol...I feel so much better sticking to what's right. Congrats on your baby-to-be.

The Bella Band lets you wear your normal trousers/pants with the zipper and buttons open. If you don't gain too much weight you can wear them nearly till the end (I made it to 32-34 weeks last time, roughly). It's just a cloth band that goes all the way up to your ribcage, covering the entire pregnancy belly and firmly anchoring the trousers in place.

http://www.supercoolbaby.com/pictures/bellaband.jpg
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Good idea for the new thread. Congrats Blade! Holy cow, 11 weeks? Way to bypass the most stressful time! ( I caught up on the other threads) I am only 8 weeks and some of my pants are getting tight. I just looked at those bella bands the other day and I contemplated getting one. I guess they're worth it then? It sounds like they may save you from have to buy a whole new wardrobe.

Congratulations Mrs. Toon! This is also my first. How do you feel about having a Christmas baby? I am pretty nervous. Obviously it will be special no matter what, but Christmas birthdays always get the shaft! As far as Paleo/Primal, I am the opposite. I am a pescetarian and now all I want is a big ol steak! I have not had any land animal in a really long time and today I ate a beef gyro from the Greek fest in my neighborhood and I swear I have never tasted anything so good!

I took a month off of posting and have only checked in sporadically. I had the weirdest reaction to finding out I was pregnant. I had a panic attack and didn't want to think or hear about anything baby related at all. I am not sure why, but I have thought about wanting a baby and planned for it for so long that when it finally happened I just couldn't even handle it. It was such a strange reaction! My husband was ecstatic and wanted to shout it from the roof tops and I just couldn't deal. Mostly I was just scared. I think I was scared that it might not be real, or that something could happen. I don't know what was going on with me, but I have had time to absorb it and now I am really very happy. We had our first appointment today and we got see it and hear the heart beat. It was so surreal. Everything looked good. My official due date is December 23th. I am 8wks +3days. I have been pretty nauseous for the past week. Also very tired, but nothing else really. As far as names go, we have no clue if it's a girl but I am loving the name Shepherd for a boy, with the nickname Shep.