Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Do you mean a DO, a physician who went to an osteopathic medical school and then did a residency in either family medicine or ob/gyn?
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Yes, though from what I understand, in the States your system is a little different from the one here in Canada, and in Europe.

In the States modern osteopathic medical training is almost indistinguishable from standard, allopathic medical care. Although they learn the old osteopathic philosophy and manipulative medicine techniques (which is kind of-- sort of-- like chiropractery) most don't believe it. (it is a lot easier to get into osteopathic medical school than regular medical school, so for most DOs it was a second choice, hence why they don't really believe). They do tend to be nice people and they are much more likely to go into primary care and practice in rural areas.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

hoping Blade or someone else medical can weigh in. I have a very mild case of asthma that almost never requires treatment (a few times a year i need my inhaler). However in the last few days-over the holiday weekend of course, my asthma has become very poorly managed. I need my fast-acting inhaler every few hours, even in the middle of the night I wake up with wheezing and tightness in my chest. I paged my OB yesterday to see if there is anything they can do, and the on-call doctor (not my doctor-who is in a solo practice), said he had never heard of the medicine in my inhaler (pirbuterol) and that go to the ER. Which I didn't do because the case doesn't feel emergent and didn't have anyone to stay with my 2 year old. But I am worried about the effect of the inhalers on the baby, sometimes I need 3-4 puffs to get the attack under control. I keep thinking it will go away (has been triggered by allergies). But this is the 4th day like this.
    Mama to little Ramona Mae 3/2011 and Sylvie Joy born 11/2013

I have no helpful advice for you sorry rosebyanyothername, but hope you're feeling better soon!!!
    Mummy of One:
    -- Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

Dom's future brother/s: Bennett, Ciaran, Elijah, Elliott, Emmett, Finnegan, Grayson, Harrison, Nathaniel, Quentin
    Dom's future sister/s: Aveline, Aven, Calla, Eleanor, Helena, Iris, Noelle, Rosalie, Sadie, Wren