Names Searched Right Now:
Page 37 of 92 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast
    My ultrasound tech talked during the whole thing as well and they do probably know what looks healthy and what doesn't, but they really aren't licensed to diagnose. Even saying something as simple as "Everything is healthy and perfect" could get them into a lot of trouble when the doctor sees the photo's and discovers an abnormality. Its mostly formality because I am sure that most technicians know a problem when they see it. I'm just saying that you really don't know the results until its been looked over by someone who is licensed to diagnose.
    Mom to Henry, Mollie, Gideon, and expecting Clark Ebenezer in November.

Quote Originally Posted by skarbassoona View Post
    I'm just saying that you really don't know the results until its been looked over by someone who is licensed to diagnose.
    Yes, of course, that is always the case. But my guess is any u.s. tech worth their salt won't say much of anything if they see a problem, they would probably just stay fairly quiet and let the doctor do the talking. Though it's worth noting, some anatomy scans are done by the actual doctor, and not a tech (I think it's rare but I've heard stories).
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

They aren't really supposed to say anything but.... at my u/s at around 6 weeks, I kept seeing FET A and FET B and I kept looking at her and she kept saying nothing and finally she said, "This one's heart beat is a little tricky to pick up." And I said "There are two? Two with heartbeats?" And she confirmed. But in that case, it was something pretty obvious. I wouldn't worry about going by yourself, I would never pass up a chance to see my littles. DH is supposed to come this Wednesday for our anatomy scan (I'll be 18w1d) and I only want him at this one because I am hoping (praying) that we will get to find out the sexes of the babies. I want to know so badly! My doctor typically calls me within 24 hours of an ultrasound to go over the report with me, hopefully yours would contact you immediately if there was anything to report.

Thanks guys! I'm going to go. I just can't wait. A tech will do the ultrasound, but then the doctor comes in and reviews it all right there (or at least that's what happened with Birdie Mae - they thought the umbilical cord might not be attached to the placenta very well or something, but the doctor said it was fine). I'm hoping to find out the sex too! And since I'm the only one going, I'm thinking of fun ways to tell my family instead of texting right when I leave the ultrasound. I know it's not my husband's fault, but instead of pouting that he won't be there, I'm thinking of ways to enjoy having the information all to myself for a few hours Anyone have any great reveal ideas????
    Luckiest woman in the world!

Mom to Logan Hunter, Savanna Nichole, Avonlea Noel and Arden "Birdie" Mae

Step-mom to Austin Ray, Haley Caroline, Kelsey Suzanne

and expecting someone else December 19!

Quote Originally Posted by hootowl View Post
    Im scheduling a follow up scan for this week to check on the placenta bleed. So hopefully ill have good news about that.
    Hope all is well - let us know. Isn't it strange how something so common and natural (growing tiny people) can be 40 weeks of alternating between terrifying and miraculous?
    Luckiest woman in the world!

Mom to Logan Hunter, Savanna Nichole, Avonlea Noel and Arden "Birdie" Mae

Step-mom to Austin Ray, Haley Caroline, Kelsey Suzanne

and expecting someone else December 19!