Names Searched Right Now:
Page 36 of 92 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast
    @mjc7709: I just had my anatomy scan last week and I was also counting down the days (I'm 34 and I'm on some medications so I have a few extra worries) so if I was in your position, I would go anyway. Do you have anyone else who can come with you like your mom or mother-in-law, or even a good friend? There was a chance my hubby couldn't come too, since he's a pilot and is usually gone, and I had a couple of people volunteer to come with me right away. We got very lucky in that he got the day off but I would have had backup. But honestly, I was so stressed about it that even if I had absolutely had to go alone, I still would have gone that day and time. The waiting was worse than anything for me, I just needed to know everything was fine. The test itself took about 45 minutes to an hour and we had a great ultrasound tech so I really enjoyed it. Good luck to you and let us know what you decide! And how the test goes too of course, you'll be in my thoughts!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

@mjc - My dh didn't come to my anatomy scan either. In our case, it was by choice rather than necessity. He came to the gender check at 15 weeks and just didn't really want to go while they took pictures of the heart and liver for 30 min. He also doesn't come to regular visits (wish I didn't have to either). We have never been huge worriers so the anatomy scan, while nice, hasn't been that necessary to relieve stress. Also, I believe that the ultrasound technician usually just takes pictures and isn't really authorized to diagnose abnormalities so you don't find out for sure that everything is ok until you have your next appointment with the doctor/midwife. Could be wrong about that. I did take my mom to the scan. It was really fun for her because ultrasounds have gotten so much better in the last 30 years.
    Mom to Henry, Mollie, Gideon, and expecting Clark Ebenezer in November.

@hootowl - what a relief. how did your visit go?

I had my 22 week visit last thursday and the midwife seemed more worried than me that I haven't felt the baby move much yet. I have an anterior placenta but she thought it shouldn't make much of a difference at this point. I had an anterior placenta with my second and didn't really feel her the whole pregnancy. Sometimes I can feel flutterings at night when I am trying to fall asleep but I still haven't gotten very many definitive kicks. I have my glucose screening at my next appointment.
    Mom to Henry, Mollie, Gideon, and expecting Clark Ebenezer in November.

@skarbassoona: Our ultrasound tech talked us thru the whole scan. She was constantly saying things like, "There's the heart, there are the kidneys and the vessels into the kidneys" etc. etc., and saying that everything looked great. But the doctor did come in a few minutes after she was done and re-confirmed it as well. I think it depends on the office you're at, I was very happy to hear immediately and not have to wait!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Im going to medical records today to get a copy of the ultrasound I had done at the er on saturday. I think I would keep the appointment even if I had to go alone I know with my first the place I went offered a copy of the dvd at the 20th week scan for 20 dollars. Im not feeling a lot of strong movement yet. But I can feel here and there. The drs said baby was measuring at 14 weeks which is a little smaller than I thought but still on track. Im very excited to find out if it's a boy or girl. Im scheduling a follow up scan for this week to check on the placenta bleed. So hopefully ill have good news about that.