Names Searched Right Now:
Page 18 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    @blade, the constipation was horrible for me at the beginning too. Foods that helped: green grapes, nuts, spinach and other salads daily. If you can't stomach any of those, I found milk of magnesia was very helpful this time around. Docusate never helps me at all, but I got the unflavored Philips brand milk of magnesia and it helped things move along within 24 hours or so. I only really had to take it twice, and the above foods helped the rest of the time. I hope you feel better soon!
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

Thanks for the tips. I eat spinach and yoghurt daily and know that docusate is weak sauce, but professional pitfall is that I have seen a lot of laxative abuse/dependence over the years [when all else fails they're referred to Surgery] and am always leery of them. Of course the rational part of me says very occasional use is absolutely fine... I'm fine now that I stopped the iron. I suppose I'll have to give in and do every other day vitamins with daily docusate/senna, and use a laxative if needed.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

@blade - when I was pregnant with my twins I took a magnesium and calcium (133mg and 333mg) supplement which my dr. recommended for multiples. I was only able to tolerate half the recommended dose (2pills twice a day instead of four times a day) because it made my stools loose so I would think that just one pill daily would be enough to counteract the iron.
    Andie - John, Thomas, Isla, Freya, Marigold and expecting #6 in June

Blade: Just sneaking into the pregnant ladies board to say... Have you tried liquid iron? I was vegetarian for a long time and took various kinds of iron supplements. Liquid Floradix was the only kind that wouldn't constipate me. Or you could eat liver once a week if you're feeling brave. Other things that always help me with intestinal distress: Ginger kombucha, the really fizzy kind in the wide-mouth bottle. This stuff has crazy probiotic content and it always helps when I have a stuck belly. It's an acquired taste. Oh and don't drink the alcoholic kind, obvs. Taking extra vitamin C can help. Also staying hydrated (I'm sure you've thought of this) and eating plenty of good fats/oils. I'm mad about fish oil and think it cures all ills. :-b Extra fiber in the form of ground flax seeds spooned over yoghurt or in smoothies. Best to keep ground flax in the freezer btw. Good luck!

@emmabobemma - great tips, thanks for sharing! I'm running into the same (very) uncomfortable problem myself. Ugh. The pills I'm allowed to take don't do anything and my preferred medicine for this issue is FDA class C. So I'm avoiding that one unless I have zero other choice. Thank you!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!