Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Thanks for chiming in Blade. I ended up going to urgent care yesterday where the nurse practitioner practically doubled over in a conniption that I had even ventured an attempt to be treated there. "I can't do any fetal monitoring! You are in a very sensitive time (I am in my second trimester officially)! It is far to risky, please promise me that you will go to the emergency room". So I got my copay back, and crankily decided to page my OB again (the last page was on Sunday so I was hoping that I would get a different doctor on Monday). Fortunately my own doctor was on call. She promptly said, you don't need to go to the emergency room unless you are really not able to breath even with your inhaler (at that point I had used my inhaler about an hour before and was breathing well). Lay down, stay inside in the air conditioner, run an air purifier and I will call you in some singulair, keep taking your Zyrtec, use your inhaler and take the singulair. You should feel better in 36 to 48 hours." So that is what I did yesterday, I had to really not exert myself (like stay totally immobile unless I had to pee) but if I really rested I could go the whole 4 hours without my inhaler. I feel worlds better already, slept through the night without my inhaler, have only needed my inhaler every 4 hours today and was able to take Ramona to story time at the local bookstore and meet my husband for lunch without triggering an attack. So I am feeling validated that my stubborn refusal to go to the ER paid off. Thanks for the support. Blade-please let us know how your ultrasound goes!
    Mama to little Ramona Mae 3/2011 and Sylvie Joy born 11/2013

Oh and welcome Teddy Bear! You found out the sex nice and early! I am due 2 weeks after you and I don't get to find out for another 4 weeks! I don't know about the differences but I have a girl and while the terrible 2s thing is challenging, I LOVE it! The clothes are so much more fun and that little tender feminine heart (of course for all I know boys are just as sensitive). I can say that all of my friends have boys (literally) and the main difference I see is that Ramona is far more concerned about the people than the toys than most boys. And she talks more than most (although one little Ezra talks 3 times as much as she does).

Also anniemarie I have had the same problem several times during my pregnancy so far(not really chronic, more like occasional bouts of diarrhea). That abdominal cramping is always scary to me but try your hardest not to over think it! You know why the cramping was happening, and your bub is so far along now that a little stomach bug is not going to do any damage! Just stay hydrated and trust that your body can take care of your baby.
    Mama to little Ramona Mae 3/2011 and Sylvie Joy born 11/2013

Quote Originally Posted by rosebyanyothername View Post
    Thanks for chiming in Blade. I ended up going to urgent care yesterday where the nurse practitioner practically doubled over in a conniption that I had even ventured an attempt to be treated there. "I can't do any fetal monitoring! You are in a very sensitive time (I am in my second trimester officially)! It is far to risky, please promise me that you will go to the emergency room". So I got my copay back, and crankily decided to page my OB again (the last page was on Sunday so I was hoping that I would get a different doctor on Monday). Fortunately my own doctor was on call. She promptly said, you don't need to go to the emergency room unless you are really not able to breath even with your inhaler (at that point I had used my inhaler about an hour before and was breathing well). Lay down, stay inside in the air conditioner, run an air purifier and I will call you in some singulair, keep taking your Zyrtec, use your inhaler and take the singulair. You should feel better in 36 to 48 hours." So that is what I did yesterday, I had to really not exert myself (like stay totally immobile unless I had to pee) but if I really rested I could go the whole 4 hours without my inhaler. I feel worlds better already, slept through the night without my inhaler, have only needed my inhaler every 4 hours today and was able to take Ramona to story time at the local bookstore and meet my husband for lunch without triggering an attack. So I am feeling validated that my stubborn refusal to go to the ER paid off. Thanks for the support. Blade-please let us know how your ultrasound goes!

Rose, being told to lay in bed and not move and only take your inhaler every four hours while loading up on antihistamines is not optimal asthma management. If you had a cold or such recently then this might all pass, but if you can't identify a trigger I would think about calling whoever is prescribing your inhaler and asking. Also that NP at urgent care cracked me up.

Ok as for me: scan today showed a healthy baby, very much alive, bouncing around. It also showed a small subchorionic hemorrhage and a low-lying placenta (but not a previa), hence the symptoms. Nothing to do there, hooray! All of the normal quad screen ultrasound stuff looked great (normal NT, no neural tube or abdominal wall defects). I loved the ultrasound tech and thought she was brilliant (many of them are rather flighty IMO but to woman kicked ass) so I asked her what she thought about this genital tubercle angle business and she tapped the side of her nose and proceeded to tell me she was sure it was a girl.

I was also informed I am HIV negative, which was really keeping me up at night.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Yay, blade! You were in my thoughts all day.
    Mommy to one amazing Allegra Valentine, born May 2014.

Current name crushes: Daphne, Allegra, Rosalie, Minerva, Alistair, Jules, Ellington, Caspar

Hey B. How are you?

edit: Ha! Ok just actually read your post. Happy to hear it! You must be relieved.

edit 2: Aaaaaah! I read your post more thoroughly! A girl! I knew it! Excellent excellent.
    Last edited by emmabobemma; May 29th, 2013 at 12:02 AM.