Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help! Name for 2 Week Baby Boy

Hello Berries!

My husband and I are having a terrible time naming our 2 week old baby boy. We have a family name that will be used for his middle name - Cruz, but cannot find common ground on a first name. Our last name starts with an "O".

We both strongly dislike each other's top pick. Husband - Brennan; Me - Beckett. This leaves us trying to comprise which is what we ended up doing with our first son and now we have name remorse. Our first son is Aston Cole. We call him Cole.

My top picks:

Miles
    Archer
    Maxwell

Husband:

Breccan
    Walker
    Colton

Im not sure what would work with my first son's name and what would work with Cruz. Any comments/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!!!

I would avoid another name that ends similar to Aston (Breccan, Colton - too similar to Cole). Archer shares the same initial as your older son, Miles Cruz isn't ideal and I'm not a fan of Walker. So that leaves Maxwell Cruz which is my favourite of your lists.

Suggestions

Bennett Cruz
    Emmett Cruz
    Everett Cruz
    Porter Cruz
    Sawyer Cruz
    Spencer Cruz
    Douglas Cruz
    Fraser Cruz
    Rafferty Cruz
    Wyatt Cruz
    Leland Cruz
    Gareth Cruz
    Lennox Cruz
    Dashiell Cruz
    Merritt Cruz
    Bryant Cruz
    Garrett Cruz
    Wesley Cruz
    Griffith Cruz
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Aston Cole has a faintly preppy vibe (especially given Aston Martin, the luxury car maker). I actually think you and your husband aren't far off from each other, in that you've both favored occupational names like Archer or Walker, preppy names like Colton or Miles, and seem to like 2-syllable names. I actually think any name you suggested would work well with Aston Cole "Olivera" & _ Cruz "Olivera."

Since Cole & Cruz are both 1-syllable names starting with C, I *wouldn't* copy Aston and give another A name.

Some thoughts:

Bennett
    Brendan
    Donovan
    Foster
    Harmon
    Kellan
    Marshall
    Miller
    Mitchell
    Nolan
    Palmer
    Rory
    Seaver
    Stanton
    Truman
    Wallace
    Wilson
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    It seem like you have kind of a preppy style, while your husband favors cowboyish names.
    Here's some names that I think sort of bridge the gap:

Brendan
    Cooper
    Dante
    Deacan
    Destry
    Evan
    Elliott
    Finley
    Gideon
    Grant
    Ian
    Justice
    Lyle
    Laramie
    Lucas
    Luca
    Mason
    Noe (No-ee)
    Noel
    Neville
    Orville
    Wyatt
    Winston
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

My first thought was Breccan, as its a mix of the two. Though, it's a little rhymey with Aston.

Suggestions:
    Lyle
    Niall
    Graham
    Grant
    Barrett
    Torin
    Rhett
    Drake
    Jared
    Preston
    Baylor