Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Calliope

Calliope

What do you think of the name Calliope? Kuh-lie-oh-pee.

My top "C" name at the moment is Cordelia, but this name is growing on me. What middle names would you pair it with? (And please, no Jane, Marie, Ann, Lynn, Grace, etc).

I'm not a fan. Having the word pee in a name throws me off a little, it also makes me think of Canopy as it is similar in sound or maybe I just can't pronounce it correctly!

I really like Calliope, but can see the potential for "pee" teasing. However, that doesn't stop people from naming their daughters Penelope, and I think Calliope is a prettier name. A Calliope could always go by Callie to avoid teasing.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

I think it is beautiful. It is my favorite greek mythology name, and probably my favorite name that I will never use. That and Xanthe. They don't seem to go too well with Owen.

Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996