Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Maisie-Mae

Maisie-Mae

Aggggh! I've seen/met about 5 Maisie-Mae's in the last month. Do these parents not realise that Maisie is a nickname for Mae/May, so the name is repeating itself and redundant?!

I've just met my most recent Maisy-Mae at the supermarket this morning. A mum with a pram was behind me in the queue, I asked her name because she was the cutest little thing. It was all I could do to keep my smile frozen and resist the urge to roll my eyes when she said Maisie-Mae!

I think this is a UK thing, I haven't seen it in an US/Aus etc. birth announcements.

Do names like these drive anyone else crazy?

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

Maisie started life as a Scottish nickname for Margaret, so technically isn't the same as May, although I know that some people do also use it as an elongated nickname for May.

Even without the nickname thing, it's incredibly cutesy and dare I say, rather tacky.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

I've met a few girls with the middle name May/Mae but no Maisie May's yet (also in uk). I think it's a tad too cutesy and a bit too rhymey for me

I sounds very country and low class to me.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I've encountered a Maisie-Mae and a Macy-Mae, and I don't like it. I'm not keen on the -May/Mae/Mai names as it is, they're pretty common here especially paired with a nicknamey/cutesy sounding name - Gracie-Mai, Evie-Mae, Lily-May etc, they just seem overdone. But Maisie-Mae is just so sing-songy and rhymey as well as repetitive. Not a fan.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George