Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Maisie-Mae

Hybrid View

Maisie-Mae

Aggggh! I've seen/met about 5 Maisie-Mae's in the last month. Do these parents not realise that Maisie is a nickname for Mae/May, so the name is repeating itself and redundant?!

I've just met my most recent Maisy-Mae at the supermarket this morning. A mum with a pram was behind me in the queue, I asked her name because she was the cutest little thing. It was all I could do to keep my smile frozen and resist the urge to roll my eyes when she said Maisie-Mae!

I think this is a UK thing, I haven't seen it in an US/Aus etc. birth announcements.

Do names like these drive anyone else crazy?
    ]

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Lucy, Annabel, Rosalind, Ivy, Alice, Lilia, Rosabel, Victoria, Faye, Anastasia, Molly.
    Charlie, Noah, Arthur, William, Dexter, Henry, Luca, Ethan, Samuel, Isaac, Finn.

Maisie started life as a Scottish nickname for Margaret, so technically isn't the same as May, although I know that some people do also use it as an elongated nickname for May.

Even without the nickname thing, it's incredibly cutesy and dare I say, rather tacky.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

Proud auntie to Lucy Helen and Theodore Levi

~ Eliza Constance ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Nora Josephine ~ Pearl Violet ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~ Tess Christabel ~
    ~ Gabriel Walter ~ James Benedict ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~ Timothy Jack ~

I've met a few girls with the middle name May/Mae but no Maisie May's yet (also in uk). I think it's a tad too cutesy and a bit too rhymey for me

I sounds very country and low class to me.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I've encountered a Maisie-Mae and a Macy-Mae, and I don't like it. I'm not keen on the -May/Mae/Mai names as it is, they're pretty common here especially paired with a nicknamey/cutesy sounding name - Gracie-Mai, Evie-Mae, Lily-May etc, they just seem overdone. But Maisie-Mae is just so sing-songy and rhymey as well as repetitive. Not a fan.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George