Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    My dad knew a little girl with my name, I believe it was a daughter of a coworker, and my mom liked it too so it was my name long before I was born. They gave me a filler middle name just because it flowed well.
    Current faves:

Melanie Anne, Caroline Olivia, William Gregory, Benjamin Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by sallycaitlin View Post
    My friend India's parents spun a globe, and where their fingers landed ended up being the names of her and her sister, Aspen.
    Surely they must've spun it a couple of times? I mean, India and Aspen are some of the more common place names. If not, I wonder what they would have done had their fingers landed on Middelfart, Denmark or Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch, Wales.
    Last edited by shvibziks; May 23rd, 2013 at 08:32 AM.
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    Surely they must've spun it a couple of times? I mean, India and Aspen are some of the more common place names. If not, I wonder what they would have done had their fingers landed on Middelfart, Denmark or Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch, Wales.
    Yeah, they just spun until they got ones that worked with their last name and was easy to pronounce.
    Teenberry - Writer - Singer
    Caroline Avery - Elena Katherine - Elizabeth Daisy "Liza" - Rebekah Laurel - Sophie Adelaide - Vida Madeleine
    Christopher Paul - Grayson Edward "Gray" - Gregory Skyler - Jeremy Stephan - Nicklaus Elijah "Klaus" - Sebastian Robert

Quote Originally Posted by logicpuzzler View Post
    I was originally going to be Willow Jean - Willow because they loved that name, Jean is a family name. But they let my grandparents talk them out of Willow, and they went with Hannah Jean instead. I'm a fourth generation Jean. I like Hannah more than Willow, but it was #2 the year I was born. My mom said if she had know how popular it was they would've chose something different. Willow was #853.
    I've had Willow Jean as a possible option for a few years now. Though I'm starting to move away from Willow as a first name, Jean remains an option for the middle spot. It's also a family name for me, my Grandmother's name was Jean and then it became my sister's middle name. Also, my name is Hannah! Lol..just thought this was too weird.

My parents decided to wait until I was born to find out my sex. If I was a boy I would have been Jonathan/Eric Robert. But since I was a girl they had to go back to the drawing board . My dad picked the name Rebecca because he liked it. The other option would have been Ashley. Thank goodness my name is Rebecca! My middle name is Lynn after his sister who is my godmother.
    A teenage writer and name lover~
    Eugenia Rosemary, Priscilla Beatrice, Louisa Eleanor, Anastasia Faye, Valentina Jane, Flora Guinevere
    Winston Kenneth, Malachi Robin, Roscoe Carlisle, Simon Glenn, Francis Arthur, Abraham Reuben