Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    My middle (Rutledge) is a family name. My first (Renee) I think they picked out of a name book.

I can only assume this was because they couldn't decide on a family name as the first, which I'm mostly thankful for, because more than likely, I would have been Martha. Though my great-grandparents had nine children, five of whom were girls, apparently the only one whose name was worth passing on was my great-aunt Martha. My mother and at least three of her female cousins (not to mention two of their children) are all named Martha.
    Personally, I'd loved to have been named Genevieve or some variant of Margaret (two more great-aunts).
    Alexander "Xander" ~ Andrew ~ Charles "Charlie" ~ James ~ Lawrence ~ Leonard ~ Patrick ~ Philip ~ Richard ~ Robert ~ William "Liam"

Alice ~ Catherine "Cate" ~ Elisabeth "Bettie" ~ Ellen ~ Hannah ~ Lucy ~ Margaret "Maggie" ~ Rachel ~ Rosana ~ Sallie

My mom liked names that were Irish but recognizable. She had a boys name and a girls name that she had picked out long before having kids. Hence how I was named Shannon! As for middle names, I have 3.. All are family names (my grandmothers, my mothers and my godmothers names).

My mum was a bookworm thus had a very strange eclectic pick of names for me and my twin brother. My dad said "absolutely not" to :
    Tuesday
    Dorothea
    Sorrel
    Sage
    Kizzy
    Erica and Eric ( after the footballer Eric cantona ,their favourite player when we were born)
    Penny
    Francesca

I'm so glad they settled on Lily Elizabeth!

My name was chosen off a list brought back to the hospital by my mom's boyfriend. She wanted to name me Cassandra Jean, but he said he didn't like it. My mom also considered Katerina nn Kat, and Anna, after her nurse. He came back with April Storm (thank God they passed on that one!) and Stephanie on his list, and I think my mom just liked the name Brooke. So they picked Stephanie Brooke.

My dad jokingly wanted to name my little sister Dusty (our last name is Dalton, he thought it would be hilarious because it sounded like an outlaw) but they pretty much quickly agreed on Mariah. They asked me what I wanted to name her, and I gave them the name Cherish. I heard it on the TV show Lambchop's Play-Along. So they used it as her middle name.

Mum was certain I was a boy. I'm clearly not a boy, parents had not one single girl name. Gram comes to visit in the hospital, says "What about [name]?" Mum was like, "Huh, ok." Throw on filler middle name and there you have it. Can't stand my name, no thought was put in to it, it wasn't anyone's favourite, or meaningful in any way. It's the biggest reason I have become a name nerd and my kids know the whole well-thought-out meaning and story behind their names.
    If only I could make a living naming other people's children...

Girl names I'm loving right now: Alaka, Jane, Daisy, Arabella, Francesca, Georgia, Ciara, Violet, Flora, Raphaela, Beatrice, Winter, Hazel, Delia, Bronwen
    Boy names I love (after naming 5 of my own): Gideon, Watson, Magnus, Miles, Oliver, Callum, Felix, Rafferty/Rafe, Edmund, Reuben