40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nera Juliet

16 40.00%
  • Seren Juliet

24 60.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nera or Seren

Nera or Seren

It looks like my DH and I have finally narrowed our search for a girl name to two names. It has been pretty hard but we are happy with our choices now, and will probably decide which one when we meet the little girl/boy.

Nera-This is a name that DH found after he saw a topic here that linked to a medieval name website. He has fallen totally in love with it, and I really like it too. We like that it honors his side of the family (Jewish), and the meaning isn't too bad either "candle" = light.

Seren-Another name he found, but I think I love it more than him. He likes it too, but not as much as Nera. But the meaning is gorgeous "star."

The middle name will be Juliet.

Sibling Names: Romilly Eseld and Artie Gideon Seth

If we have a boy instead: Kit Orrin Charles

We loved the feedback on our other threads so I wondering what you thought of these two names.

Constructive positives/negatives. And I don't think we need any more suggestions at this point. Thanks!

Oh, I adore Seren... But Nera Juliet wins for the flow, the meaning (candle- how gorgeous!) and how it honors family. Romilly, Artie & Nera? How lovely!
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Seren reminds me of Sarin gas, the nerve agent suspected of being used in chemical warfare in Syria right now. Very negative connotation.

Nera is sweet, easy to spell and pronounce and very unique.
    Latest list:

Girl: Lulu, Charlie, Fleur, France, Holiday
    Boy: Lennox (Lex), Hugo

Expecting my first.

I really love Seren. It's such a soft, beautiful name.
    Little Bean arriving September 2014

Zoe | NoemĂ­ Esther
    Lucas Emmanuel | Levi Alexander

Adele | Adira | Arabella | Aurora | Eliana | Elizabeth | Milena | Susannah | Zara

Seren Juliet is so pretty and mysterious sounding, though I love Nera as well, I went with Seren.
    Sean Michael | Sullivan John | James Patrick |
    Rose Kathleen | Nora Wilhelmina | Lucy Josephine | Annemarie Claire | Madeleine Grace | Tess |