Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

At a stand still

Hello,

We are having trouble picking a name for our girl who is due in September. I feel like we are at a stand still with this. We can barely discuss it because we both become frustrated. I printed out a list on the top 500 names from 2011 and we each crossed off names we did not like and we had no matchups for any names we liked. I have spent hours online searching for names.

Basically I am looking for advice on how to proceed. Has anyone been in this situation? How was it resolved?

Also if anyone wants to make suggestions on names.

My DD is Claire Margaret
    DS is Dylan Joshua (which doesn't really reflect my dh's style because I named him by myself)

My top pick is Norah
    His is Emma (but it has changed as he also suggested Elizabeth, Emily and Megan)

Of course neither of us likes each other's choices.
    I would like to stay away from Top 10 but otherwise I am open.

Well, gosh. It's hard to know what to suggest. Perhaps since you have until September, you should both just step away from a couple of weeks. To me Norah and Emma are not that far apart in syle, and that suggests that there's a good chance you can agree on something when the pressure is off a little.

A name that popped into mind is Emmeline- less common and overused than Emma, but has a feel like Norah.

Elizabeth also seems doable since its skies the limits with nicknames: Libby, Bette, lilibet, Lila or Eliza which pair nicely with Claire.
    *Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Clover/ Adelaide Clover/ Athena Violet/
    Liliana Wren/ Georgiana Snow/ Eugenie Marigold/Ottilie Amina*

*Osias Grey/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Hawthorne Flynn/
    Jasper August/ *

Well, I feel for you, had the same trouble with my hubby and I'm also due in sept and having the same trouble now. We basically abandoned our personal favorites, and went to our "B" level names until we agreed on a name. No regrets though, I'm very happy with our choices for our 2 boys.

Also what do you think of 3 syllable names with a 3 syllable last name? Should I stay away?