Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Honoring Laney?

Honoring Laney?

There is a little girl (who is, och, so dear to my heart) named Laney who I would love to be able to honor. Little Laney saved my life, when she was just three years old, and honestly, Laney and her little sister are my two favorite little people ever. I adore them. Today, I received the news that she has been diagnosed with leukemia. She's not even seven. She's gone through her first chemo treatment today, and if I wanted to honor her before, I definitely want to honor her so much more now.

How would you honor a Laney? Elena seems like a natural choice, and I do like it a lot, but my cousin has an Alaina, so I'm not so sure about it. Any other ways to honor a Laney?

Thanks so much.

Delaney, Helena,Laneya
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I knew a Delaney.

It's super sweet of you to want to honor this sweet girl!!! I'll keep thinking of more choices

Current crushes:
    Girls: Adelaide, Eloise, Fiona, Margaux, Nora, Julia, Molly
    Boys: Benjamin, Levi, Miles/Milo, Sebastian, Theo/Theodore, James, Remi/Remy

Because she has a disease and may not get the chance to name her own children one day, why not ask her what her favorite names are? Take those as suggestions, and then maybe make the middle name Lane or Elena. I think that would be perfect and such a treasure when your child asks, "How did I get my name?" I also think Laney would love it too. Besides, if she recovers (which we all pray she makes it through safely!) as she grows, her name tastes will change, and most likely you wouldn't have to run into a name conflict later on.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

Ian Alexander Cameron Blaise Damien Cole Axel Sean Callum Bryce Lennox Beau
    Blair Annevieve Camryn Atalya Piper Caydence Tallulah Sage Senna Kai Haven Lux