Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Janet?

Hybrid View

Janet?

This used to be my favorite name when I was 8 and it's starting to grow on me again. Back then my parents told me that it sounded too middle-aged but I thought I'd ask you berries? Is it due for a comeback? What about with the nicknames Janie and Nettie (any other ideas)?
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

Although I would associate it with middle aged women, Janet could work on a little girl with the nicknames Janie and Nettie (cute!). It has an interesting late-retro imagery.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

I, too, loved the name Janet as a child. I heard it on an episode of Scooby Doo and practically fell in love with it. I told my mom I thought the name was pretty and her reply was more or less the same as your mother's response. I agree, it is ready for a comeback. I never saw it as "dated" but mature, pretty, and classy. Nicknames that I can think of would by Jan. Something simple. Hope I helped!
    Danielle • 19 years old • United States

Geraldine · Dorothy · Edith · Anne · Beatrice
    William · Edward · George · Ralph · Henry