Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Dated Names Of The Future

What names that are popular/trendy etc now do you think will be dated in the near future? Say 10, 20 years time...

I'll start

Jayden
    Addison
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

Anything ending in -lyn/-lynn, -syn/-son, -tyn/ton, -dyn/-den/-dan, or -lee/-ley/-leigh.
    "Nothing ever fatigues me, but doing what I do not like."

Nevaeh is the first to come to my mind.

The Aden names. Syllable mash-ups like Braylee and Kinsleigh (blergh). Al- names like Alison and Alexis (though never Alice!) and Mac- names like Mackenzie and Makayla and McKenna. -son names like Carson and Madison and Grayson and Hudson. Em- names like Emma, Emily, Emery, Emerson, etc. El- names like Ella, Ellie, Isabelle, etc. Lincoln, Regan, Kennedy, and all the other presidential names. Prissy 'spiritual' names like Destiny, Trinity, Faith, and Genesis. Trashy place names like Brooklyn, London, and Paris (still hoping that last one gets reclaimed for boys!). Try-too-hard names like Maverick and Riker. Every kree8tiv misspelling under the sun.

OH, and boys' names on girls. God, will I be happy to see that trend die, though I feel really sorry for the poor women who'll go through life named Elliot and Rory and James.

Some more:

Zachary
    Avery
    Riley
    Ryan
    Jace
    Kaylee
    Dylan
    Carter
    Porter
    Brandon
    Bentley
    Taylor
    Nolan
    Peyton
    Maya
    Nicole
    Rebecca
    Abigail
    Harper (big time)
    Sawyer (ditto)
    Emma/Emily
    Jackson/Jaxson/Jaxon
    Melanie
    Haley
    Ava
    Isabelle
    Lily
    Charlotte
    Alexander
    Archer
    Finn
    Kendall
    Cohen (I feel so bad for the kids who'll have to wait to turn 18 before they can change their name to something not awful)

I can also see Ad- names like Adelaide, Adeline, and Adele being as tired in 50 years as Madison and Mackenzie are now. I think the middle name Wren will be the new Grace (which was the new Rose). I think we'll also see a lot more occupational names for both genders.
    Last edited by augusta_lee; May 15th, 2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Simon Valor | Eloise Lily | Judah Sage | Thea Marina | Felix Orion | Iris Cordelia | Roscoe Benjamin | Lydia Wren | Jasper Conroy | Phaedra Naomi | Adrian Bruno | Lucinda 'Indie' Jane | Wallace Finnegan | Sylvie Winifred | Charles 'Charlie' Elliot | Juniper Faye | Julian 'Jules' Atlas | Matilda Sailor | Marlowe Charles | Alice Elizabeth | Jack Mariner | Marigold 'Maggie' Susan

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    I think we'll also see a lot more occupational names for both genders.
    Occupational names?
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.