Results 16 to 20 of 29
May 15th, 2013 09:05 PM #16Senior Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
Autumn or Summer - I like both but Autumn seems more mature to me so it would be my pick
Holly or Molly - Holly for the same reason as Autumn
Julia or Julie - Julie for some reason I can't stand the name Julia
Leah or Leia - Leah it's more timeless and won't have pronouciation issues
Mallory or Valerie - Mallory, I think it is cute and underused Valerie reminds me of someone my mother's age
Elodie or Melody - I don't really like or dislike either
Laura,Lauren or Laurel - Love Laurel! Pretty and uncommon, the others seem dated to me even though Laura is a classic
Ian and Mark - they seem stronger to me
May 15th, 2013 09:09 PM #18
Autumn or Summer?
- Personally, I like Summer better. I just think it's a prettier name. Nothing against Autumn.
Holly or Molly?
- I absolutely love both. I can't choose. I've got a thing for M names, so I love Molly. Plus, I love the literary ties. But Holly sounds like it would age better to me. You can't go wrong either way!
Julia or Julie?
- Mm. Neither are favorites of mine, but I think both are good names - I'll go with Julia.
Leah or Leia?
- I like Leah better. Leia just makes me think of Star Wars!
Mallory or Valerie?
- I like Mallory better. (M <3). Valerie's not bad!
Elodie or Melody?
- Melody's better to me. I don't like Elodie as much for some reason!
Laura or Lauren or Laurel?
- Lauren. I'm not a huge fan of Laura and I know an absolute witch called Laurel.
Ian or Julian?
- I like Ian better. The "Jul" makes Julian seem a bit feminine to me.
Mark or Max?
- I like Mark better. I think it would age better.
I would just like to add that your naming style is absolutely flawless! I have seen a lot of people on this website with naming styles that just confuse me, but yours is lovely!
May 15th, 2013 09:18 PM #20
Autumn (but neither is my style)
Molly (also nms but more so than Holly, cuter I think)
Julia - much prettier IMO
Leah/Leia - torn. I like Leia bc it reminds me of Leila, but between the 2 I think I like Leah better.
Mallory - agree with pp, Valerie is too dated.
Elodie - love.
Lauren - I love this name.
Julian - on the soft side for me, but a very nice name nonetheless.
Max - who can resist Max.
Ian and Mark are just ok to me.Audrey Coraline | Fiona Elspeth | Gwyneth Rosalie | Liv Cordelia | Maisie Elowen | Matilda Hazel | Phoebe Kerensa | Sylvie Marigold | Thea Rosemary | Zara Emmeline
Amias Jude | Cato Benjamin | Emmett Wilder | Jasper Wolf | Lucian Mateo | Milo Sebastian | Nathaniel Winter | Quentin Emrys | Rhett Donovan | Theo Everest
May 15th, 2013 09:25 PM #22Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
May 15th, 2013 09:25 PM #24Junior Member
- Join Date
- May 2013
Autumn- A much more preferable season and more sophisticated
Holly- Again, more sophisticated IMO, love the Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) reference. Molly seems very youthful, to the point of not being as fitting for a grown woman
Julia- a classic choice
Leah- most people will pronounce this one correctly
Valerie- Mallory seems very tied to the 80's in my mind. Valerie is more classic and I like the nicknames better.
Elodie- Again, Melody is an 80's relic for me. Elodie is more modern and interesting.
Laurel- love the nature reference and the fact that it's less common than Lauren these days